Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking an experienced RedHat Linux System Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
This position will install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems. Work after hours and at other NOAA facilities may be required periodically.
• Performs as a senior member of the system administration team to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of IT systems and components to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements.
• Has knowledge of tools and mechanisms for distributing new and upgraded software to ensure customers receive current versions of supported software, as they become available.
• Shall be able to work with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology from both general and specific perspectives.
• Design, implement, and evaluate current and future infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance
• General Administration of Unix/Linux - Installation, Users Creation, Group Creation, Permissions, Creations of Folders, Mail/SMTP, Web (Apache, Tomcat), FTP, DNS, Proxy, Samba, Firewall (NAT, IP Tables, Packet Filter, IP Filter), LDAP, NFS, NIS, NFS/CIFS/FCP
• Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution
• Perform new hardware and Linux OS installations, patching and upgrades
• Maintain operating systems and associated infrastructure software
• Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
• Install and maintain Server OS and configuration using tools automated installation like Kickstart and Configuration Management tools like Puppet
• Work closely with various IT groups including but not limited to project management, database administration, network and security teams, application team and assist in overall architectural design, implementation and troubleshooting
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience equivalent.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
• Experience supporting VMWARE infrastructure in a large enterprise environment.
• Experience configuring Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment
• Ability to develop a complete disaster recovery and system backup plan with the responsibility of producing and maintaining all system documentation
• Expertise in developing automated scripts for monitoring or analyzing the operation of infrastructure, including Nagios scripts, log file reporting, Spacewalk/RedHat Satellite and Puppet scripts
• Must be able to participate in a 7/24/365 on-call rotation
• Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks, and projects
• Ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle and consult with the customer on business requirements
• Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
• Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
• Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to reach for or file documents up to 10% of time
• Work is performed in a fast-paced Information Technology environment
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity