Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking an experienced Windows System Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
This position will install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems. Work after hours and at other NOAA facilities may be required periodically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work to collect requirements from the diverse customer base, perform the appropriate analysis, develop the strategic roadmap, and all associated documentation.
• Act as the primary point of contact between the Desktop Team the Windows Server Team and Engineering Teams.
• Serve as a subject matter expert with regards to Windows Active Directory and Associate services.
• Design, implement and configure the systems needed to support an enterprise AD infrastructure and an enterprise windows desktop environment consisting of 20,000 Pcs and laptops.
• Manage the day to day activities of the Windows Desktop Team.
• Ensure that the 20,000 Windows PCs and laptops in the environment are patched and in compliance security requirements.
• Manage and be familiar with SCOM 2012, SCCM 2012 BigFix, and BigFix.
• Create training material(s) to provide to the customer on all solutions implemented.
• Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented.
• Research, evaluate and remain current on emerging tools, techniques and IT technologies.
• Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis.
• Install new software releases and system upgrades
• Evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems
• Perform system backups and recovery
• Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
• Maintain responsibility for system security and data integrity
• Assign passwords and monitor use of resources
• Produce IT Security artifacts, business reports, data call reports, forms, etc.
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience equivalent.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required, equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• At least 8 years of system administration experience required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
• Experience managing Windows Domain Controllers and Active Directory
• Experience using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) patch server
• Experience implementing Group Policy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly detail-oriented and productivity-oriented
• Organized, timely, and customer service-oriented
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Government experience preferred
• Experience with the following software preferred:
o VMware ESXi
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to reach for or file documents up to 10% of time
• Work is performed in a fast-paced Information Technology environment
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity