Special Operations Human Performance Advisor (Kelley & Patch Barracks-Stuttgart, Germany)
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE.
We have a position located in the Kelley Barracks in Stuttgart, Germany and a position located at Patch Barracks in Stuttgart, Germany.
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
The Special Operations Human Performance Advisor (HPA) functions as the coordinating technical expert for the Human Performance program in locations or within units/groups where an HP program Manager and/or Coordinator is/are not available. The HPA, if required, will assist the HP Manager (Government representative) in the performance of their duties. The HPA shall perform the following services POTFF’s HP program for SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel:
- Plan, develop and synchronize technical training, guidance, and programmatic and policy recommendations.
- Secure, protect, and enhance the readiness of all operators across the range of military operations.
- Design, implement, document, and provide direct daily oversight of all human performance services utilizing a demonstrably methodical approach for the required level of peak performance and reconditioning of all SOF operators, while providing ongoing, objective feedback to the HP lead, POTFF lead, and chain of command. This requirement precludes the predominant performance of the duties of any one HP discipline (i.e., PT, ATC, SCS, PD, or CPS).
- Perform an inventory of Human Performance supplies and resources, assist in preparing equipment and supply requisitions to replenishing exhausted supplies, acquire preventive maintenance for Human Performance equipment, and present new and emerging equipment for purchase consideration.
- Oversee and advise on the training and travel of HP staff under his/her purview.
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager, Coordinator, and/or location-specific, senior-most POTFF staff member.
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Document work performed, utilization, referrals, and all other information in the HP Enterprise-wide database (i.e., SPEAR), as directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Attend, participate in, and promote interdisciplinary meetings with POTFF staff, medical staff, and chain of command.
- Literately utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- This position requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
- The HPA must have a minimum of five (5) years of (preferably continuous) specialized experience in the same or similar work described.
- Must have a history of positive attributable results from HPA work and relevant work experience in a collegiate and/or professional level athletic environment, and experience conducting multi-domain programming such as lecture, multi-media and practical hands-on training related to strength, conditioning, performance nutrition, and team dynamics.
- Must have specialized experience conducting long and short-range planning and coordination of new functional training and nutrition programs.
- Shall have current certification as one of the following: Certified Athletic Trainer, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Senior Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Physical Therapist, Cognitive Performance Specialist, or Performance Dietitian. Maintenance of one of these certifications shall be an enduring element of the requirement.
- Must have long and short-range planning and coordination of sport- and/or mission-specific performance programs resulting in attributable results with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Collegiate, Olympic, professional sports, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .