Family Support Coordinator/Community Program and Peer Network Coordinator (CPPNC) (Hampton Roads, VA)
This position is located in Hampton Roads, Virginia.
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
The Family Support Coordinator/Community Program and Peer Network Coordinator (CPPNC), herein referred as Coordinator(s), is responsible for comprehensive and effective coordination, development, and evaluation of programs and services that contribute directly and positively to resiliency of the assigned unit’s force and families. The Coordinator shall organize and oversee peer support networks for their assigned commands. The Coordinator shall recruit active duty and family member peer support counselors, ensure participating peer support counselors are vetted and trained according to USSOCOM CPPNC standards.
- Coordinators shall be responsible for collecting and reporting data for the purposes of formative and outcome evaluations of peer support programs and other community based support programs.
- Coordinators shall collect original data and data from secondary sources in support of program assessments. This data includes, but is not limited to focus group and/or unit meetings convened by leadership; POTFF Family Resilience Program evaluation results; trend information from POTFF Psychologist, Chaplains, Ombudsmen, or Family Readiness Group (FRG) staff.
- Coordinators shall support commands at multiple levels and in multiple locations.
- The Coordinator shall identify and document program/service needs and evaluation data.
- The Coordinator shall develop needs-based programming to service specific demographic groups and geographic locations.
- The Coordinator shall also have extensive knowledge of DoD resources, such as the Military OneSource, Military Family Life Counselors (MFLC), Personal Financial Counselors (PFC), and Military Crisis Line.
- The Coordinator shall lead and/or assist in the coordination and/or development of official processes, functions and networking opportunities for subpopulations served.
- Establish, maintain, and report activity of peer counseling networks for supported unit’s Service members and family member spouses.
- Report activity using specified reporting tool and frequency identified by the Social Performance program manager or other POTFF staff as required
- Conduct and/or contribute to Family Orientation, Information, Outreach and Referrals.
- Conduct and/or contribute to Pre- and Post-deployment Preparation, Reintegration, and Decompression.
- Conduct and/or contribute to Family Relational Enhancement activities.
- Conduct and/or contribute to unit level career transition programs for military members and spouses.
- Conduct and/or contribute to Social/Family and Psychological Program implementation to include suicide prevention and cognitive agility training
- Maintain awareness of and conduct or contribute to education/communication of installation and/or local community behavioral health and resiliency resources.
- Assist with development of standard operating procedures and service provision protocols.
- Serve as Commander’s liaison for matters related to community and family support.
- Communicate on behalf of the Command utilizing a variety of media/social media.
- Maintain awareness of emergency response protocols.
- This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- This position requires a DoD TS/SCI clearance or the ability to obtain a one.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, human/social services or related field or four years’ experience providing social service education, or work/family life consultation or coordination services.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience coordinating social service education programs.
- Shall have, or be willing to receive, specialized training on peer support counseling, community resources and referrals and suicide prevention.
- Must remain current on their knowledge of best practices and developments in areas of peer support counseling and suicide prevention, and will keep abreast of DoD, Services and community sponsored resources intended to promote the well-being of service members and their families.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .