Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
APS-3: Automotive Worker(Mech II) GSCA08
The Automotive Worker performs a variety of minor repairs and services to maintain motor vehicles. The Automated Worker places and maintains decals on vehicles, checks and replaces batteries, rotates, repairs, and replaces tires, washes, polishes, and cleans interiors and exteriors of vehicles, drains, flushes, and replaces engine, transmission, and differential grease and oils, checks, cleans, calibrates, and replaces spark plugs, cleans and replaces oil and air filters. The Automotive Worker adjusts brakes, replaces windshield wipers, and similar minor parts, assists on major overhaul jobs by disassembling and cleaning parts, repairing components such as generators and water pumps, and replacing thermostats, points, electrical wiring and other items, maintains tools and equipment, and cleans work areas.
This position may require computer literacy.
This automotive worker uses government furnished special tools and works in a maintenance facility. This position will perform field level automotive maintenance on combat and tactical vehicles, and possibly material handling equipment assigned or work-loaded to the APS-3 program.
Performs varied duties including:
• Field level maintenance on US military automotive equipment. Includes diagnostics, parts identification and requisition, and repair in accordance with technical specifications and specified repair times.
• Maintain maintenance records and documentation in accordance with government regulations and local policies
• Properly use, store, accounting for, and disposal of hazardous materials and waste used and generated in the performance of duties. Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations and procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Movement of materiel and assets with forklifts and dollies
• Upon notification from the government, deploys to support issuing or receipt of equipment
• 5 years’ experience in directly relevant work
• Certificate of training from vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in automotive maintenance, or other related field
• Certificate of training from a basic automotive maintenance course
• In lieu of formal course work, a combination of college credits, on-the-job training, other formalized training, or experience may be considered
• Ability to comply with all established environmental regulations, methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position
• Ability to interpret and apply technical instruction, schematics, and diagrams
• Possesses personal tools that meets the required tool list
• Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License.
• U.S. Citizen.
• Must obtain and maintain local base access
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Common Access Card (CAC) requirements.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .