SAIC is seeking a NOPS Advanced Planner to perform mission preparation and integration of launch activities, initialization and early on-orbit network operations readiness for end-to-end performance during critical early orbit operations; as well as perform AFSCN mission operations concept of operations development and maintenance.
Specific tasks include:
-Transition new on-orbit programs and future ground systems to applicable National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Operations Squadron (NOPS) work centers
- Transition Service Level Agreements from requirements to operations, leveraging NOPS Architecture and Program Integration Support
- Interact with NOPS Operations and Launch Support (NOALS—O&M contractor for NOPS) Chief Architect and other stakeholders to evolve NOPS architecture to meet emerging customers’ needs
- Interact with Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) and United States Space Force (USSF) stakeholders to convey requirements and establish capability to support future AFSCN advanced capabilities from NOPS
- Perform architecture analyses and risk assessments; make recommendations on improvement or mitigation options
- Assess new capabilities for technical performance, security, and cost suitability; make recommendations for implementation
- Develop and vet requirements to drive material solutions; track procurement and project status
- Engage stakeholders across NRO Enterprise and mission partners to formulate implementation strategies
- Prepare briefings, memoranda, agreements and other documentation for NRO leadership decision making
Clearance required to start TS/SCI with Polygraph
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, math, or comparable technical experience.
10+ years experience and must possess familiarity and a working knowledge of the Air Force Satellite Control Network. Applicant must possess excellent written and communication skills.