SAIC is seeking an Earned Value Management (EVM) Lead Analyst to support a prime program fast-paced Intelligence Community program.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Develops, implements, and/or maintains Earned Value Management Systems for the customer to monitor performance of development contractors.
- Applies accounting and financial procedures in resolving problems and preparing recommendations for management based on the financial results of programs.
- Participates in development of advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as expert in field within the customer organization. Establishes operational objectives and assignments. Involved in developing, modifying and executing policies which affect immediate operation(s).
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Participates in development of solutions to problems of unusually complex which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation. Challenges are often unique and solutions may serve precedent for future decisions.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory.
IMPACT: Decisions affect the financial, employee, or public relations posture of the organization. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives of the organization.
LIASON: Serves as prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
- Specific focus will be to lead EVM team to manage EVM data such as the EVM portfolio status dashboards and briefings, and to help program project officers and contracting personnel implement EVM best practices.
- Be able to use Microsoft Excel to enter data, and create complex formulas, using pivot tables, to create charts, and embed editable charts and tables into PowerPoint and create briefings
- Assist with developing EVM policies and procedures in accordance with EVM guidelines, and standard language to be inserted in solicitations and contracts that outlines the EVM requirements as defined in the EVM policy;
- Assist with EVMS implementation and recommendations;
- Assist program/project managers and contractors on EVM data reporting;
- Support development and implementation of a web-based system for aggregating and viewing EVMS data;
- Review existing EVM policies, standard operating procedures, and guidebooks and draft and maintain updated versions based on lessons learned, changes to policy, and industry standards.
- Develop and execute EVM training to program managers and staff.
- Requires active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Must have a Bachelor's degree with 13 years or more of related experience; Masters and ten (10) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- 5+ years Earned Value Management (EVM) experience using EVMS systems or tools such as Cobra, MPM, wInsight, or Primavera.
- Must be proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Must have 8+ years of Financial Analysis experience.
- Must be
willing to travel at least once per month (all travel is within the
- Prefer experience in project management environment.