At GDIT, people are our differentiator. Our work depends on a Deputy Program Manager joining our team to support our Defense customer activities in the DC Metro area. As Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day management of the program management office. You will be part of an enterprise level team supporting our defense customer.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the program management office
- Focused on business outcomes including staffing, SLA/SLR measurements
- Responsible for reporting, contracts, partner, and subcontractor management and financial reporting
- Retains overall programmatic responsibilities and authority of the PMO when required
- Reports directly to Program Manager
- Represents the PM when required
- BS degree, master preferred.
- 10+ years program management experience.
- 10 years of experience managing and supervising employees of system integration projects/operations support large programs.
- Security Clearance: Shall hold or be eligible for an active SECRET DoD Clearance
- 10 years of experience with overall programmatic (cost, schedule, performance) responsibility for the execution of a government program as well as the technical performance of the program.
- 10 years of experience managing large (50,000 users) complex Enterprise IT projects.
- 10 years of experience in leadership of complex tasks, including review of work products and deliverables for correctness, compliance with industry best practices, and Federal Government standards.
- Experience managing program budgets, reviewing invoices, contracts for (100M+)
- PMP Certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- ITIL Foundations certified (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.