Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
System: SASMO (SAAS Specific)
Location: Ft Lee, VA
IAT Level: General User
Education required/Years of Experience: HS Diploma with 5 at least years experience
Description: The Sustainment Automation Support Management Office (SASMO) Field Support Technician is responsible for providing dedicated automation support to the various logistics automation systems and fully supports the US Army Logistics Information System (LIS).
- The Sustainment Automation Support Management Office (SASMO) Standard Army Ammunition System (SAAS) specific FSR is responsible for providing dedicated automation support to the SAAS Program Manager and logistics automation systems and fully supports the US Army Logistics Information System (LIS).
- Provide expert functional analysis of requirements derived from SAAS Help Desk Tickets (HDT), Change Proposals, and Change Items. Assist in clarifying fault/requirement descriptions as required.
- Monitor Tier 1 and 2 SAAS Help Desk activities to identify areas of concern and opportunities to distribute corrective information to SAAS system users. Prepare “System Tips” for inclusion in publications.Complement Customer Support Office on-system analysis and validation of hi-priority system issues. Conduct problem assessments at unit sites as required.
- Prepare executive summaries, information papers, and presentations to effectively communication information, positions, and recommendations to support program management actions.
- Review and provide information related to SAAS Change Package designs and supporting algorithms and logic. Provide recommendation for improvement as required.
- Review and provide information related to SAAS of Test Plans, scenarios, threads, and/or scripts. Provide recommendation for improvement as required.
- Observe Government test events and provide insights to the customer regarding the preparedness of the package to progress to follow-on steps or final Change Package approval and release.
- Participate in SAAS Baseline Configuration Control Board & Configuration Control Board meetings as directed.
- Review instructional system documentation to ensure accuracy, thoroughness, and clarity.
- Attend Ammunition Management Community forums, meetings, and conferences.
- Participate in risk assessments of functional and system solutions.
- Distribute new Army LIS/equipment to SASMO customers; distribute new Software Packages, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Incremental Change Packages (ICP) to SASMO customers and maintain Historical Library of System Software and Change Packages.
- A SECRET security clearance is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- 5 years of related experience in SAAS, SAAS-MOD or SAAS SCP 11, CSSAMO, SASMO.
- Extensive knowledge of SAAS (functional, technical, & networking), SAAS SCP 11, CAISI 2.0, VSAT, and Networking.
- Experience as Computer Systems Repair Technician.
- Knowledge of SASMO’s software and hardware on a functional, technical, and managerial level.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking skills
- Experience with system/functional, problem solving, and documenting course of action analysis
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Better than average expertise using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.