Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The Geospatial Analyst I will extract feature and/or terrain data from a variety of sources/imagery and conduct research to prepare the data for our clients. The Geospatial Analyst should have experience editing various geospatial sources into a seamless vector database adhering to topological rules and attribute/metadata standards. The Geospatial Analyst I is proficient with the tools needed to complete assigned tasks and demonstrates a willingness to improve their workflow and quality. While working on assigned projects the Geospatial Analyst will work closely with the Project Lead and Project Quality Control staff, reporting status, any quality concerns and address other project related items. The Geospatial Analyst could perform QC duties at the discretion of the Production Manager, Project Lead and/or QC Lead of a particular project. The candidate will possess strong technical skills, having the ability to troubleshoot software and data management issues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Extract feature and/or terrain data from a variety of sources
• Conduct research to fully prepare and populate attribution from available sources
• Assist in work procedures/checklist updates and/or creation
• Assist the project lead(s) with project scheduling, where necessary, as well as update project status
• Perform product finishing tasks to client content and quality specifications
• Conducts quality control reviews of data and provides feedback
• Conduct peer review/feedback of data prior to QC where applicable
• Awareness, adherence, and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures.
• Engage in positive public activities that tie Continental to the public
• Promote a positive atmosphere internally.
• Active security clearance preferred or must be currently eligible to be cleared for a security clearance or have a clearance that can be reinstated upon hire (Sun Prairie office only).
• Attention to Detail: the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure
• Data Management: the experience of checking all available data to get a more complete picture; using the data to propose effective solutions and identifying potential risks
• Fostering Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
• Interpersonal Skills: treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feels of different people in different situations
• Results Oriented: the ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to obtain results; ability to meet schedules, deadlines, goals
• Technical Credibility: understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise
• Knowledge of
o Client specifications and requirements, data compilation workflows and best practices, and security requirements
o GIS Software such as but not limited to ArcGIS, Photoshop, ERDAS, and QGIS as well as Microsoft Office.
• Ability to:
o Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and respond to problems as they occur with diplomacy, common sense, and a positive attitude.
o Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, recognizing problems and finding solutions.
o Establish and maintain project priorities.
• Strong understanding of spatial relationships, in the real world and databases.
• Experience leading production related activities to include:
o Developing new processes and procedures
o Developing and tracking quality processes
o Tracking and managing productivity
o Running projects (planning, execution and through close-out)
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (four years). The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ relevant skill experience including the following: working in production teams, knowledge, and experience with digital cartography, image processing, and computer technology; knowledge of geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
• Previous geospatial data production (in particular, experience with large Government Agency Geospatial and Cartographic data, products, and services), especially the collection of feature and terrain data from satellite imagery and other sources
License and/or Certifications:
• GISP, CP or PMP preferred
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.