LCIV AL ASAD OIR: Heavy Truck Driver
- Heavy Truck Driver Seeking experienced tractor-trailer drivers to transport various loads of equipment and material. Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Foreman or General Foreman. Reads, interprets instructions, documentation and plans work activities. Operates company vehicles with capacity of up to 30 tons (both straight and combination truck) to move materials, tools, and equipment to and from work locations in support of construction and maintenance activities and/or deliver operating materials and supplies from one warehouse to another. Loads and unloads vehicles. Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties and activities as directed. Requires appropriate CDL license.Must be able to operate MHE Equipment (30K Forklift and down to a 4K)
- Drivers must be able to maneuver tractor-trailer into loading or unloading positions, following signals from others and work as part of a team.
- Experience at couple and uncouple trailers, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Must be physically able to properly secure loads for transport using chains, binders, and straps with the ability to climb ladders to inspect loads.
- Must be able to carry 70 lbs. unassisted multiple times through out assigned shift.
- Requires 3 - 5 years delivery driver experience in a combination (tractor trailer) truck.
- Must have Class A CDL w/Hazmat & Tanker endorsements and with at least 12 months of remaining validity
- Any offer extended is contingent upon validation of an acceptable driving record:
- US driver license holders must complete an online MVR application. The application link will be emailed to the candidate by KBR HR for completion/submission
- Non-US driver license holders must provide an official previous 5 year driving history report from the jurisdiction of their license (officially translated into English)
- Disqualifiers include but are not limited to the following:
- License has been suspended within the last 5 years
- Convicted of a DUI or DWI within the last 5 years
- More than 2 chargeable or preventable accidents within the past 5 years
- More than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
- Careless or reckless driving conviction within the past 5 years
- Conviction of criminal offense involving a vehicle
- Additional requirements:
- Must be fluent in English
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Transporting ammunition experience preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .