SAIC is seeking a Principal Cloud Engineer for one of our Air Force programs under our Intelligence Division. The Cloud One program incorporates the capabilities of commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). Cloud One facilitates the USAF and USA’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USA's IT operations. The candidate for this position may work anywhere in the United States. There is no requirement to work at a SAIC or customer site to support Cloud One.
The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
· A bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of relevant experience is required for this position. In lieu of a degree an additional four (4) years of experience will be considered for this program.
· Must have an active Secret clearance
· This position requires an in-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of various systems to AWS/Azure. Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, etc. are all part of the work performed in this role. Applicant should be comfortable talking about all aspects and features of AWS/Azure. In addition, this role requires a high level of customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in project planning
· Documentation for projects including design, asset inventory, diagrams, and presentation to customers is required. All aspects of the environment and deployment must also be documented for support and future implementations. Learnings and wisdom are documented in KB articles
· An AWS/Azure Engineer must have 3 or more years of experience and advanced vendor certification and in-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
· Required certifications are: MCSE or MCTS, Azure certifications (AZ 100, AZ 500, and/or other AZ series exams, 346/7 are bonus), Azure Assessments, AWS Solutions Architects Associate, and Security + (or other IAT II equivalent)
· Experience in an MSP or other IT company highly desirable
· Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
· Experience supporting USAF or USA software development projects
An AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
CISSP (or IAT III equivalent) Certification
SAFe DevOps certification
Experience supporting software migration efforts