GHGC: Liaison Officer (Contingency Hire)
HomeSafe Alliance Global Household Goods Relocation team is seeking highly skilled and motivated Transportation Liaison Officers to be regional liaison officer that handle all transportation movement across a designated geographic region. Liaison Officer will be responsible for fostering positive client relations with the regional Joint Personal Property Shipping Offices (JPPSOs) and USTRANSCOM.
- Coordinate and/or execute timely interchange of information, coordinate customer and company requests and de-conflicts operations between the client and HomeSafe Alliance resulting in smooth, seamless operations.
- Provide a historical account to eliminate unnecessarily repeated efforts as client (Joint Personal Property Shipping Officers) rotate and new JPPSO’s investigate old issues.
- Directly support USTRANSCOM staff elements by ensuring that HomeSafe Alliance operations do not conflict with the client's operational expectations.
- Communicate client changes in requirements to the HomeSafe Alliance staff allowing timely reallocation of resources to more effectively support the customer's needs.
- Express company concerns and requirements to the USTRANSCON staff.
- Participate in planning with USTRANSCOM staff elements and supporting real-time operations. Work closely with the client providing updated information as well as defining support effort. Coordinate daily support to the client.
- Represent HomeSafe Alliance at all logistics planning conferences providing input on HomeSafe Alliance capabilities while giving feedback to the HomeSafe Alliance staff so that they can prepare supporting plans.
- Leading new carrier operational initiatives (new delivery techniques and models) and carrier onboarding and integration.
- Serving as the primary liaison between technology initiatives and the carrier network with a primary focus on the establishment and propagation of best practices and standard work throughout our delivery network.
- Creating and influencing adoption of solutions that improve HomeSafe Alliance transportation network and provide a great customer experience.
- Setting and clarifying requirements and expectations for USTRANSCOM. Measuring performance, providing feedback, and establishing accountability across their team for individual and departmental performance.
- Prioritizing projects with biggest impact on our business, proposing and influencing adoption from relevant functional leaders.
- Utilizing a broad technical background and an ability to “roll up your sleeves” to jump in if needed.
- Finding practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
- Leveraging the TRANSCOM leaders input and ideas and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the broader team.
- Owning improvement inputs and results, while recognizing the need for additional support and escalation of issues.
- Ensuring overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones.
- Working closely with Regional Transportation peers, Operations leaders and support staff (HR, Finance, Safety, Tech) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Meet or exceed Regional capacity expansion campaign goals that provides outreach to regional/local service providers to build peak and non-peak move, pack, unpack, unload, and short-term storage regional capacity.
- Meet or exceed Small Business Advocate capacity development goals to establish local move, store, pack/unpack, load/unload DoD House Hold Goods movement small business relationships and increase regional small business capacity. Prepare for the regional SB Open Houses during transition and provide training for Small Business on HomeSafe Alliance LLC processes and quality standards for successful operations.
- Provide quality surveillance of move, pack, unpack, load, unload DoD Household goods service provider performance in the region to ensure HomeSafe Alliance LLC quality standards are being meet and conduct remedial quality standard training as needed. Document poor performance for CQI rating input. Ensure region meets or exceeds Homesafe Alliance LLC quality performance KPI metrics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Supply Chain management, logistics, or a related field) experience.
- Direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- Demonstrated experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management concepts e.g. forecasting, planning, optimization and logistics.
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations.
- Former Military Transportation Experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of logistics, demand planning/forecasting, supply planning, or supply chain related areas.
- Prior DoD Military Household Goods quality assurance and JPPSO experience desired.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .