Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Senior Logistics and Sustainment Manager
WHO WE ARE
KBR is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
KBR requires a Senior Logistics Manager, located in the Dayton, OH, area to support F-35A Fleet Management Office (FMO) planning and execution activities. The F-35A FMO is responsible for the sustainment of a growing fleet of F-35A aircraft fielded at operating locations around the globe. Mission areas include integrated logistics, engineering support, post-production upgrades, supply chain management, support equipment sustainment, readiness and cost reduction initiatives management and business operations.
This candidate will support and advise the Chief of the F-35A FMO at Wright-Patterson AFB. The candidate must work well with a widely-dispersed team and be assertive in capturing key inputs and data to incorporate into various products on a daily basis. The candidate must also have excellent communication skills (written, verbal and active listening). Proficiency with developing presentations (PowerPoint) and written documents for executive-level review and consumption is a must. The candidate must be comfortable working in a very dynamic, fluid environment and enjoy problem solving. Familiarity with DoD 5000.02 acquisition policies and processes, a plus, but not required. Likewise, familiarity with DoD and international military protocols, customs and courtesies, is a plus, but not required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Using Microsoft Office suite of applications/tools to develop and publish products for senior executive review, coordination and approval
• Establishing timelines for both quick-turn and longer-term projects and tracking progress through completion
• Planning/executing special events, as well as hosting Distinguished Visitors, to include members of Congress, as well as senior ranking US and foreign military officers/equivalents
• Drafting correspondence on behalf of SES/GO-equivalent for wide distribution to key mission stakeholders at tactical and strategic levels
• Prepping senior leader(s) for meetings and engagements, ensuring all relevant information is conveyed and understood to support discussions and decision-making
• Planning/executing initiatives and special projects in order to realize the Chief of the F-35A FMO vision for the organization and mission
Travel: Occasional travel required (15-20%) to Arlington, VA, Fort Worth, TX, and other F-35 operating locations may be required.
Relocation package is not available.
• Bachelor's degree and minimum 10 years of Supply Chain Management experience.
• DoD Clearance Requirement: Secret
• Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills is a must.
• Experience collaborating with Program Offices on Joint Weapons System Programs.
• Candidates with F-35 Joint Strike Fighter experience at a Major Command level desired, but not required.
• Familiarity with DoD 5000.02 acquisition policies and/or mission transition or centralization projects is ideal, but not required.
The Senior Logistics Manager must demonstrate comprehensive experience/knowledge of:
• Working with geographically-dispersed teams to produce documents and presentations for senior executive and stakeholder consumption
• Engaging with customers at both working and senior levels
• Developing and executing project/program plans from tasking through completion using common IT tools and practices
• Professional writing skills, to include Staff Summary Sheets (SSS).
The Candidate must display practical and demonstrated program management skills with emphasis on communication and stakeholder engagement with the following required skills:
• Problem solving
• Critical and Creative Thinking
• Clear and well organized communication, especially writing
• Plan development and execution
• Candidate must possess strong computer skills and must be proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
• Experience working in or directly with the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center or other DoD organization is highly desired
• Extensive experience in life cycle logistics support on developmental programs, lean logistics operations, performance based logistics, warehouse and distribution operations
• Experience with F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS), including supply chain management (SCM), Computerierized Maintenance Managmeent System (CMMS) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Level II DAWIA certification in Program Management and/or PMP certification is desired, but not required
Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
Ongoing training and development opportunities
LEARN MORE ABOUT KBR: https://www.kbr.com/markets/government
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .