This Vice President of Business Development directs all capture activities for the National Security Group’s (NSG) Air Force, DoD Agency and Combatant Command (AFDoDAC) Operation that comprises all of SAIC’s Air Force, Office of Secretary of Defense, and Combatant Command lines of business. This position reports directly to the SAIC National Security Group Vice President of Business Development, with strong dotted line reporting to the NSG Vice President of Operations for AFDoDAC. The AFDoDAC Capture VP is an integral member of both the NSG BD and AFDoDAC leadership teams, with responsibility for helping formulate strategy, promote business development, ensure effective captures, and drive development of high quality proposals. This individual has approximately 10 capture professionals of varying levels of experience as direct reports, so he or she must be a superior mentor and coach as well as manager.
• Provide the leadership and management skills required to direct a team of 10 capture professionals to exceed aggressive growth targets for revenue, profit, submits, book-to-bill, win rate and qualified pipeline.
• Lead development and prosecution of a robust pipeline, with emphasis on early qualification, win strategy development, customer engagement, capture excellence, and high quality proposals. Work directly with BD and capture professionals as a mentor and coach, to inculcate best practices and ensure corporate standards are followed.
• Lead annual strategy, operating plan and account plan development and management for the AFDoDAC operation, to ensure that high level goals and strategy for business development investment and personnel assignments reflect corporate priorities.
• Apply metrics to measure progress against goals, diagnose emerging trends, and make informed decisions to drive change and overcome challenges.
• Promote SAIC brand and AFDoDAC reputation and presence through participation in conferences, events, meetings, etc. Partner with Corporate Communications to develop an annual marketing plan. Meet with industry peers and form strategic partnerships. Work directly with the Competitive Intelligence team to formulate competitor assessments.
• Personally work as a coach with assigned capture managers on 2 – 3 designated strategic opportunities every year.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study
• 10+ years of relevant experience in growth related activities that include strategic planning, account planning, business development, capture, pricing strategy and proposal development for U.S. government clients. Proven track record of success in capturing and winning new business. Strong working knowledge of the FAR.
• 3+ years of experience leading a team of at least 5 BD and capture professionals in selling services and solutions to federal customers.
• Experience in all phases of winning business for customer agencies that include Space and Missile Center, Air Force Material Command, Pentagon, and COCOMS including CENTCOM, STRATCOM, SOCOM, and CYBERCOM.
• Superior knowledge of capture best practices, with highly developed BD and capture skills, and the communications skills to help subordinate advance professionally.
• Extensive background in federal procurement of service and solutions related to Systems Engineering, Command and Control, IT modernization and training.
• Current Secret Clearance, Immediately eligible for TS/SCI clearance.
• Ability to lead by framing and communicating a vision and then developing and managing to the plan. Capability to execute on vision, drive business results, and promote strategic growth in a highly competitive environment.
• Personal style encompasses a consultative approach that includes building informal alliances within the company as well as customer relationships.
• Sound business judgment and strong operational acumen.
• Superior writing and public speaking skills, with the ability to actively assist capture and proposal teams in the creating compliant and compelling proposals that win by speaking effectively to the customer.
• Experience with FEDSIM, Other Transaction Authorities (OTAs), Multiple Award ID/IQ, and other trending competitive acquisition techniques.