GDIT is looking for a Sr. Oracle Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team supporting the USPS in Eagan, MN.
- Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
- Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
- Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
- Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
- May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
- May serve as a technical task or project leader.
- May have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Ten (10) plus years of experience
- Technical expertise of Oracle Forms and Reports, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, libraries, objects, writing and tuning PL/SQL.
- Expert in Java development, analysis, architecture, multi-threaded programming
- Expertise in Web Services (incl. security), SOA, Event-Driven architectures, JSF, Spring, MVC framework, JPA, Amazon S3, WAS, Tomcat
- Unit testing frameworks
- Load Testing frameworks: JMeter, LoadRunner, Selenium
- Databases: Oracle
- Application servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat; Technical expertise in writing and tuning complex SQL Queries.
- Expert knowledge of the Unix operating system and shell scripting
- Technical expertise of Oracle database objects, triggers, packages, functions, procedures, tables etc.
- Ability to create and execute test plans against customer requirements, to thoroughly test application
- Knowledge of software tools to manage application development and testing – Toad, SQL Developer,
- Expert ability to perform analysis of customer requirements and design technical solutions
- Ability to lead / mentor junior developers on development projects
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum processes and management tools such as VersionOne.
- Knowledge of and experience in an IT Service management System (preferably ServiceNow) and ITIL processes
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
#USPSTSS #OPPORTUNITYOWNED #GDITCAREERS #WEAREGDIT #GDITLIFE
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.