General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations repair and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificate:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching or Service Provider
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.GENERAL EXPERIENCE:
"We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.