Calibration Technician (Sign On Bonus)
Excellent Compensation with potential Signing Bonus, depending on experience
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our Metrology RF Technician Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them. Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions, and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective. Perform complex maintenance and repair work on equipment to include the following responsibilities / duties.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Sr. Calibration Technician (Metrology)
Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its functions.
- Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal and department regulations and directives.
- Develops automated procedures using basic/complex programming skills.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testing procedures.
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine tools. Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design modification functions involved in production or engineering liaison.
- Makes design modification, or devises and designs the equipment parts.
- Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers and equipment operators.
- Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
- Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions, and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective.
- Performs complex maintenance and repair work on equipment; inspects defective electronic equipment to determine malfunction; reads and interprets schematic diagrams, logic charts, drawings and sketches and manufacturers manuals; uses computer diagnostics to isolate area of malfunction; interfaces digital equipment with the computer and programs equipment and diagnostics functions.
- Provides advanced technical/electronic and instrumentation equipment repair work, troubleshooting, modifying, testing, calibrating, adjusting, repairing, and installing electronic, digital and analog equipment and monitoring devices.
- Performs work safely, incompliant to HS&E requirements, and takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Interacts effectively with others to produce the desired results.
- Participates constructively in the utilization of process improvement methods to provide timely, cost-effective, quality services.
- Performs routine operational tests to assure the modification produces desired outputs; evaluates environments in which equipment is to be installed and how electronic equipment will be affected.
- Maintains records of test data, and assists in writing test procedures and test evaluation reports.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Serves as lead resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Associate’s degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 3 year of directly related experience. equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Military PMEL/TMDE/Metrology training preferred.
- Troubleshooting and Calibration of RF equipment
- Experience with Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track, and Fluke Met/Cal software a plus.
- Environmental chamber maintenance and repair a plus.
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate technical competency with RF and Microwave equipment, including calibration and component level troubleshooting.
- Preferred demonstrated experience in general purpose electronics, physical and dimensional equipment to include torque, pressure/vacuum, force, mass, and length.
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001, Z-540.1, AS9100, ISO17025, and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
- Experience with automated testing of IM&TE
- Must be a US Citizen.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .