Sellafield Ltd awarded a 20-year contract to four organisations in May 2019, which will help deliver the site’s decommissioning programme. The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) has been developed to help make the Sellafield site safer, sooner.
The new approach will support the transformation of the company from a nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation and is one of the most complex portfolios of construction projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
KBR Ltd is playing an integral part in the delivery of PPP acting as the Integration Partner, leading on the delivery & controls of numerous multi-million pound construction projects. Now is your chance to be part of this vital work, a once-in-a-career opportunity, in the role of Project Librarian .
R ole Context
The role holder will provide practical support in the creation, curation and management of BEPPS2 project and asset information for the benefit of current and future stakeholders, project deliverers, asset operators and asset maintainers.
The role holder will carry out the practical arrangements required to establish and maintain the benchmarking data for BEPPS2 as a learning legacy for the benefit of future projects.
Delivery of the BEPPS2 Project is being undertaken under the management control of the Programme and Project partners (PPP).
Role holder Requirements
The role holder shall;
- Work effectively with others from SL, its supply chain and the 4 Lot Partner organisations.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Show resilience.
- Have attention to detail
- Be required to communicate at all levels across multiple organisations.
- Be able to identify fault, propose solutions and drive/support resolutions across the Project.
- Work to create and maintain a collaborate environment within the PPP Partnership.
- Exert effective influence in pursuit of project goals.
- Assists the Records Manager in the preparation of an Information and Records Management Plan
- Assists the Records Manager in establishing and maintaining information management protocols and the storage/filing principles for Project Delivery Information (PDI)
- Maintain the definitive media library (DML) of logical and physical relationships of information assets.
- Establish within the DML the authoritative project versions relative to retained media at each project assessment point.
- Assists the Records Manager in establishing and maintaining the consistency of metadata elements within the DML
- Is responsible for populating the DML with descriptions of the attributes and relationships of the logical and physical information assets
- Accepts and records the receipt of new, revised and supplementary information assets into the DML
- Maintain descriptive metadata elements within the DMI
- Control the receipt, identification, and storage of PDI
- Creates and maintains libraries within the Common Data Environment and other electronic storage areas to hold PDI
- Create and maintain physical libraries of PDI
- Provides information on the status of PDI
- Collect and collate metrics relative to information management assets, the graphical and non-graphical data acquired by the project.
- Is responsible for the establishing currency & availability of PDI
- Maintain an archiving and back up process for PDI independent of SL & PPP Records Management processes.
- Supports the Information Manager in the development of a Project Benchmarking approach that aligns with Infrastructure Projects Authority ‘Best Practice in Benchmarking’
- Supports the identification and creation of metadata and benchmarking metrics for the Project Information Model (BIM Model) Asset Information Model (AIM) and PDI
- Gathering benchmarking metrics and the underlying information required to build informative benchmarks
- Maintains information assets within all benchmarking boundaries set by the project and as required by external stakeholders
- Assists the Records manager in establishing and maintaining BEPPS2 ‘Project History’ manual/documentation that describes Project Lifecycle events and acts as information signpost/context at assessment points
- Liaises with other databases/libraries where PDI is common to other systems.
- Establishes, maintains contact and collaborates with SL Records management and PPP records management to maintain alignment of BEPPS2 Information Assets to organisational arrangements
- Assists in the identification of and recording of project and stakeholder usage of project Information Assets.
- Assist in the compilation of reports
- Undertakes periodic audit of the configured information assets
- Maintain authoritative copies of masters transmitted to corporate records.
- Assists in conducting information audits
- Undertakes periodic audit of configuration information
- Identification of patterns and trends relative to information asset quality
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience of working within major project delivery in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge of gated process project delivery and the collation and curation of stage related information from multiple supply chain organisations operating in co-located environments.
- Evidence of supporting a high performing team delivering programmatically challenging projects
- Demonstrable experience of supporting Project/Programme reviews conducted by key governmental and non-departmental public bodies such as the Infrastructure Projects Authority and Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and as well as client led review such as those undertaken by Sellafield Ltd.
- Experience of working on projects/programmes where information security is a key tenet of the management environment.
- Experienced in the management of information and the control of virtual information and hardcopy documentation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent collaborative behavioural skills
- Broad communication skills deployable
- IT skills, particularly of those within the Microsoft Office suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio that demonstrates the ability to assemble and/or prepare high quality key management documents.
- Able to work and deliver to challenging timescales.
- Fluent in English
General standard of secondary education GCSE level including maths and English Language
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .