General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking Systems Administrator Senior in the Fayetteville area in North Carolina. Must hold TS/SCI eligibility.
- Provide on-site Tier II support for the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software on NIPR/SIPR/JWICS and other classified networks.
- Maintains system security; executes practices and procedures; and monitors usage statistics and logs.
- Initiates troubleshooting and incident response procedures for system related problems. P
- erforms technical troubleshooting to solve complex problems and documents all solutions to assist in handling future similar problems in the Knowledge Base library. Addresses requests in priority order; tracks through to resolution and documents all work tasks; projects; assignments; etc in the customer's ticketing systems. Escalates unresolved issues to Watch Officer and Tier III support groups for resolution as needed.
- Identifies and suggests necessary solutions or process changes to improve efficiency.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of company's server infrastructure including Microsoft platforms; all supported enterprise applications and services.
- All support shall comply with applicable DOD regulations and site procedures.
Knowledge; Skills and Abilities:
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II required (Security+)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory administration and Windows Server platforms (2008R2/2012R2)
- Experience with server virtualization (VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V preferred)
- Experience with management of Storage Area Networkin environments
- Experience with Enterprise-Level backup and restoration concepts and products
- Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
- Solid worth ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to administrators with less experience
#cjobs #dicepost #gdpost #ARMA #Fayetteville #NC
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.