Alternate Facility Security Officer
- Military veterans preferred
2020-02-13 SAIC (www.saic.com)
Lorton Virginia 22079 United States
SAIC is seeking an Alternate Facility Security Officer for the Lorton, VA location.
· Coordinate with customer security as needed to maintain situational awareness on security issues, alerts and notifications. · Responsible for administering security aspects for DTRA programs, including implementing physical, program facility and information security requirements to ensure compliance with NISPOM, ICDs, federal security regulations and information security requirements. · Work with Department of Defense as required. · Administer security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment. · Obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies. · Prepare manuals outlining regulations, and establish processes and procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records and for granting personnel and visitor's access to restricted records and materials. · Assist in the development of various plans to include OPSEC, Emergency Action, facility policies and procedures. · Conduct meetings, security education classes and security audits, as required. · Conduct initial pre-screening interviews of new hire candidates. Process all clearance actions in accordance with government and company PERSEC procedures. · Manage alarm system issues and ability to respond to after-hour alarm calls. · Working knowledge of all ODAA requirements for standalone systems. Ensure compliance with all required government information system reporting and requirements. · Provide guidance, coordination and resourcing for Information Systems Security Manager and team to maintain classified networks. · Coordinate with facility management team as needed and be familiar with classified processing requirements and communication about current and future status of classification authorizations for each space in the facility. · Familiar with classification management process and classification guides associated with DoD information. · Conduct security education and awareness training, investigate security violations and incidents. Prepare reports specifying preventive action. · Knowledgeable of DoD Closed Area construction/maintenance requirements · Provide regular updates to Program Managers and Directors on status of security management, security violations, badges, clearances, visit requests, etc. · Assist as needed with generating DD254s for subcontractors.
Required Education and Experience:
· Interim Secret and be able to obtain TS/SCI. · High School diploma.
· Demonstrated excellent judgment and decision making skills. Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions. · Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to develop and render concise reports, summaries and formal presentations. · In-depth knowledge of NISPOM, Executive Orders, and DoD Directives · Working knowledge of the ODAA process and requirements for DoD IS systems.
· Knowledgeable of COMSEC requirements as the COMSEC Custodian/Alternate · Working knowledge of government databases: JPAS, E-Qip, ISFD, eFCL, DIAS. · Experience writing security volumes for proposals.