SAIC is seeking an experienced Acquisition Professional to join the National Security Customer Group in Chantilly, VA. NSCG provides specialized acquisition, engineering, analysis, and operations support to a variety of U.S. Government (USG) customers.
We support the development of next generation national security-related systems, and have an opening for an Acquisition SME to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to a USG Research and Development (R&D) customer, to enable acquisition improvements for execution of critical research and development. The customer is developing the generation after next spacecraft architectures, hardware, and software solutions. This SME will engage with customer senior management and technical SMEs to enable effective acquisition support for R&D program success. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Trusted Acquisition Advisor to Government and Program staff.
· Provide contracting expertise across the acquisition lifecycle, from BAAs to competitive procurements; from pre-acquisition and solicitation/evaluation, to post-award execution.
· Direct support to Senior Contracting Officer and engagement across senior leadership on assigned actions or initiatives.
· Assess current processes and acquisitions, as required, and develop recommendations for improvement in terms of artifact quality, procurement timeline, acquisition responsiveness and/or flexibility to dynamic R&D priorities.
· Develop and help implement approved solutions including processes, artifacts, work alignment, briefings, and governance engagement.
· Assess, develop and deliver acquisition training, as needed, for Government and contractor workforce.
· Provide support to acquisitions, source selection and programmatic processes, as needed.
· Advanced degree in acquisition, contracting, engineering, science, or related discipline
· DAWIA Level III certification in Contracting
· Experience supporting or working with Acquisition Center of Excellence (ACE)
· Experience with R&D systems acquisition
· Experience with Government Source Selection activities
· Experience conducting acquisition related training.
· Member of the National Contract Management Association (NCMA).