SAIC has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer as part of a team providing hardware and software development solutions to the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
Use your analytical engineering skills to identify and manage electrical/electronic requirements and translate those requirements into system architecture, hardware and firmware designs for special purpose military weapon systems at the Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) level.
- Perform power budget analysis for fixed and mounted computing environment systems
- Perform circuit design, analysis, simulation and component selection for high availability, high reliability and low Size, Weight and Power (SWAP) environments
- Direct design verification testing (DVT) of new electronic designs
- Generate and review documentation for a Technical Data Package (TDP) associated with the design, development, unit test, and integration of hardware/firmware components
- Assess technical and integration risks and identify mitigations
- Review test plans and procedures
- Review and adjudicate Deficiency Reports
- Review relevant milestone contract deliverables and provide recommendations across the life cycle of a development effort
- Participate in internal peer reviews and formal customer design reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
BS in Electrical / Computer Engineering and 14+ years of experience.
Knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded microcontroller hardware/firmware design and development
- FPGA firmware design, development, verification
- High speed digital design (e.g. LVDS, GigE, DDR3/DDR4)
- Analog design for data acquisition systems
- Switch mode power supply design
- Motor control
- EMC (MIL-STD-461)
- High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) survivability
Proficient using MS Office suite, MS Visio, schematic capture program such as Altium Designer, circuit simulation program such as PSpice.
Excellent communication skills and mechanical aptitude.
Must already have a DoD SECRET clearance or be able to obtain interim DoD SECRET clearance prior to first day of employment. Current SECRET clearance is preferred.
Experience with military radar systems, electronic countermeasures, weapon fire control systems and systems integration.