Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
Unisys Federal 2020 Summer Internship Program Mobile Application Developer Intern
Mobile Application Developer Intern: Area of Study- Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology Management programs
Unisys Federal has paid internship openings for 10 weeks during summer 2020. During the internship, in addition to work experience, interns will receive ITIL Foundations & Amazon Web Services Foundations certification training and certification exam coaching with a goal to achieve certifications. All paid for by Unisys. Also, our goal is to award contingent offer letters to those that are interested in working for Unisys upon graduation and support efforts to get your clearance processed during that time.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, code, test, and debug mobile applications
• Create unit test plans/case, develop, unit test, conduct code and unit test walk-throughs
• Work with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives
• Provide analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases
• Maintain applications, including bug fixes, performance enhancements and runtime production support
• Generate technical documentation for various aspects of the applications developed
• Review and evaluate systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety
• Design, Develop, and Test mobile based applications on Android and/or Apple iOS platform
• Assist external in-house developers in bringing their application to the App Catalog
• Support Mobile Applications O&M
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
• Must be self-motivated and take initiative to continually meet with team leads
• Balance competing projects and tasks
• Motivation: Curiosity, creativity and passion for process improvement, design, development; and identifying out of the box financial solutions to tough problems.
• Leadership: Good organizational leadership skills working with senior management to individual contributors
• Problem Solving: ability to quickly identify and resolve problems and to gather and analyze information skillfully
• Oral and written communication: Able to convey thoughts and vision in a confident and clear manner
• Demonstrate analytical capability and strong Microsoft Excel Skills
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work at the detailed level and not lose site of the big picture
• Ability to summarize and effectively communicate information
• Willingness to learn and take on a multitude of new tasks
• Be a self-starter, self-motivated and self-directed
• Flexibility to work in a constantly changing environment
• Must have completed your junior year in college and have a minimum 3.5 GPA
Summer Intern Program- 2020 requirements:
• Must have completed Junior year in College; be a rising Senior
• Currently studying in one of the following focus areas: Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology Management, Business degree programs
• US Citizenship required
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance if offered a post-graduation, permanent opportunity after completion of the internship.
Summer Intern Program- 2020 benefits:
• Paid: $18.00/hr; 40 hours per week
• Duration 10 weeks, starting in June
• ITIL Foundations & Amazon Web Services Foundations Certification training, certification exam coaching
• Lunchtime brown bags on Career development, internal speakers, business presence success, etc.
Please send your resume to Samia.Khan@unisys.com with a cover letter outlining which of the positions above you are interested in (can be more than one), your current GPA, and why you feel you are interested in and would be an asset to Unisys’ internship program.
We look forward to hearing from you!!!
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity