Copy Editor & Reporting Specialist (Part-Time)
D.C. Metro Area
MRPT Clearance Required (Clearance FAQs HERE)
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following contract proposal effort: Copy Editor & Reporting Specialist (Part-Time)
. This position will work with the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement, Office of Western Hemisphere Programs (DoS INL/WHP) to develop Monitoring and Evaluating (M&E) policies and procedures, create realistic and feasible performance measures, support/manage/conduct data collection efforts across the hemisphere, develop/maintain M&E data management, analysis, reporting system and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This contract will help INL/WHP comply with the Foreign Aid Transparency and Accountability Act of 2016 (FATAA), which codifies reporting on the performance of U. S. foreign assistance and its contribution to the policies and priorities undertaken by the Federal Government.
The Copy Editor and Reporting Specialist shall harness data to inform strategic programming, illuminate trends and insights, and assist with analysis and reporting needs. This position will be responsible for ensuring all reports produced under this project are easy to understand, free of errors, and have adequate and appropriate data visualizations.
This position will check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured with correct grammar and spelling, ensure text is in line with INL/WHP writing guidance, check facts and raise queries with the author, look out for potential legal or public image issues and discuss them with the appropriate M&E Specialist and/or COR, as well as ensure illustrations and captions are correct. While the reports under this project tend to be evenly spaced, during times when there is not enough copy editing this position will support the M&E Specialist and Data Management Specialists with proof reading, light data analysis and visualizations, and other tasks as assigned by either the Program Manager or the COR.
This position may require travel throughout the Western Hemisphere. This position is open to U. S. Citizens or Third Country Nationals and will not be housed in INL/WHP facilities. The contractor shall provide off-site office space in the D.C.-metro area. This position will not require on-site access. This position will be part-time (defined as at least 20-hour work week) for one (1) year with four (4) optional years.
- MRPT Clearance Required. Must have ability to obtain and maintain
- U.S. Citizen or Third Country National
- Seven (7) years’ experience with copy editing
- Experience with government reporting
- Gather, analyze, write, and create original descriptive copy as assigned
- Proven ability to translate technical information into clear, readable, copy for the layman.
- Ability to support internal/external communication, concisely summarize information,
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work closely with team, and produce high quality, low-error, professional informational materials
- Knowledge of proper grammar, style, tone and consistency
- Detail oriented and committed to excellence
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to support multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, highly energetic atmosphere
- Knowledge of data visualization software such as PowerBi or Tableau
- Based in the D. C. metro area and able to work in the INL/WHP office space
- FSI Level 4/4 English or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Experience writing new articles, creating website content, social media support
- Experience with MS Suite
- Experience in ghostwriting and/or journalist
- Experience supporting the U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners
- Experience supporting Non-governmental Organizations
- Spanish, French, or Dutch language skills