Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Senior Planning Engineer
KBR is a Global diversified services company, working in over 40 countries with customers in over 80. We are one of the World’s premier engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and service companies. KBR’s history and reputation is built on innovation and delivery that set the standard across a variety of industries. Today, we continue that legacy by developing ground breaking solutions for government and industry clients.
Sellafield Limited has identified the need for project and programme management support under a collaborative partnership model, to deliver major projects across the Sellafield Decommissioning Programme. This is a high profile, nationally significant, multi billion pound project, this phase of which will run for the next 20 years. KBR is the Integration Partner responsible for the provision of project management and related services to integrate and delivery major projects.
The Senior Planning Engineer will report to the Planning Manager and may provide guidance to less experienced team members. and be responsible for the planning, scheduling and coordination of specific streams in the PPP Sellafield decommissioning project. The successful candidate will liaise across the project with multiple project partners, departments and the client.
· Preparation and maintenance of the project work break down structure and integrated project master schedule
· Co-ordination with Package Managers, Consultants and Contractors
· Analysing and reporting on Consultants and Contractors schedules and progress reports
· Perform critical path analysis of schedules
· Prepare independent risk analyses of Consultant and Contractor schedules
· Preparation of monthly and weekly reports
Qualifications & Experience
· BSc in related subject or equivalent experience
· Significant planning experience on major infrastructure projects
· Sound knowledge of all engineering and commercial aspects of major civil and infrastructure projects including roads, bridges and utilities
· Experienced user of Primavera P6, Pertmaster and MS Office
· Excellent knowledge of CPM networks, resource and cost loading and risk management techniques
· Ability to effectively monitor and analyse progress, identify trends and recommend corrective actions
· Excellent report writing skills
· Fluent English both written and spoken
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .