SAIC’s Information Technology Office (ITO) is
seeking a highly effective effective people, process, technology and a
Enterprise Architect part of the Enterprise Architecture & Cloud Strategies
(EA&CS) team to architect the enterprise for public, private and hybrid
cloud delivery. This person is will be instrumental in SAIC’s overall cloud
strategy and services. This position is a key contributor role and will report
directly to the Director of Enterprise Architecture & Cloud Strategies. As
part of the EA&CS team, you will be leading working with other architects
in the Future State Architecture (FSA) definition and implementation across our
business technology portfolios. Enterprise Architect drives EA&CS core
mission enabling our business processes with new and innovative ways, achieving
SAIC’s Information Technology Office strategic objectives including Modernizing
Technology, Business, Data, Application and Technology architecture and
delivery services / value to our business through translating business
requirements into specific systems, application or process designs for complex
IT solutions. This person should be a respected leader who works well with
others, has enough charisma to influence and guide other in challenging
situation and is motivated by long-term results while addressing short-term
This position will be part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This person must have strong EA and system engineering with Cloud services in provisioning, automation DevOps, AWS, Azure technologies and best practices. This position will be responsible of leading the organization of subject matter experts in their functional are and defining SAIC / ITO future directions, standards and best practices in Cloud Services within the CCoE.
This individual works closely with individuals to address Enterprise IT modernization, Data Center operations, Cloud and Digital Transformation and Cloud Services Adoption. The Enterprise Architect also work closely with other ITO teams and Engineers to understand and implement organizational constructs that support efficient enterprise program execution.
individual will provide enterprise architecture expertise to translate and
enterprise strategy into future enterprise architecture and transition plan
(i.e. roadmap) to achieve the future state.
- They will provide strategic and
technical knowledge for enterprise cloud architecture to address the challenges of providing innovative and transformative public
and hybrid cloud solutions supporting SAIC’s work for the DoD and Federal
enterprise architecture expertise to translate an enterprises strategy into a
future enterprise architecture and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve
that future state.
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example business
process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational
redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance
measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and EA
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprises
governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to
include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment
control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Conducts EA reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure
compliance with EA policy.
- Provides oversight for the development and
maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA
policy compliance or to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with
subject matter expert and other architects to reflect reengineered business
processes into the EA.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance
on EA processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Work with Executives, Directors, Managers, and Individual contributors and the technology teams in order to formulate, refine and implement architectural strategies.
- Responsible for defining/creating Enterprise Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/roadmap to the customer and stakeholders.
Drive collaboration across teams to ensure activities align with Enterprise IT vision.
- Collaborate with teams to conduct trade studies that support architecture concepts for software and hardware, including capacity planning and for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting edge solutions that are scalable.
- Develop and/or maintain guiding documents, such as mission service transition plans and EA artifacts.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members while encourage innovated solutions to complex system problems.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Support all aspects of the current and planned future state of the Core user capabilities: analytics, collaboration, enabling services, and search and discovery.
- Establish customized processes that align to program goals and objectives, also actively promote and engage in process improvement initiatives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (14) years or more experience or Master’s and (12) years or more of related experience. Working knowledge of Systems Engineering.
- Enterprise Architecture certifications.
- AWS or Azure certifications.
- Cloud Models and Frameworks.
- ITIL Certification.
- Solid leadership, change management and communication experience.
- Work with rest of the members of the Enterprise Infrastructure team to help define and make recommendations on activities related to the design, development and maintenance of infrastructure strategies, processes, methodologies and models.
- Understand DevSecOps approaches and standards to support the overall enterprise.
- Knowledge in areas of IT Strategy, Enterprise/Digital
Architecture, Business Analysis, Solutions Architecture or Technical Program Management.
- Knowledge in at least one EA area: business architecture,
information architecture, software architecture, solution architecture,
- Knowledge and understanding of technology trends and concepts
through work experience and interest in the latest innovation and thought
leadership (e.g., Agile/ Scrum, Cloud Platform Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP),
DevOps, Digital Enterprise, Mobile Platforms, Data Analytics).
- Experience on tools such as Troux, ARIS, Sparx Enterprise
Architect and Apptio.
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g, ToGAF, DoDAF).
in reviewing and selecting Technical and Applications Architectures Solutions.
of supporting procurement of IT Architecture.
of architecting digital services.
of working with 3rd party Technical and Application Architects
have participated in at least one or more projects involving design and/or
implementation of an end-to-end cloud based business solutions
(SaaS, PaaS or laaS) for a full lifecycle.