Join General Dynamics IT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the wold's most complex technical challenges. We are seeking a NAVEDTRA Course Instructor to join our team in Hampton Roads.
- Instructors will teach, maintain and update the Military Sealift Command Basic and Advanced Operations Courses.
- Develop and update course content using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat in accordance with NAVEDTRA standards.
- The Operations Course Instructors will be located at the MSC/MUTC government operated or contracted training facilities in Hampton Roads.
- The Operation Course Instructors may be required to instruct the Basic Operations course in San Diego, CA and onboard MSC GOGO and GOCO ships around the world.
- The Advanced Operations course will be instructed at either Norfolk, VA or San Diego, CA at a secure facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Maritime discipline plus six years as licensed Marchant Mariner Deck Officer 2nd officer or higher with shipboard operations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Education or Management plus six years with US Navy Department Head Tactical Action Officer experience, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Education or Management with six years of documented experience.as a Navy Surface Warfare Officer OI/OC/OE/CICO with CIC Watch Office or TAO experience.
- Required to complete an approved USCG Train the Trainer Course within 30 days of being hired.
- Solid experience training in a military and civilian mariner environment.
- Secret Clearance.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.