Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise, our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
GDIT is looking for a Cyber Network Defense (CND) Database Administrator (Oracle) responsible for administering databases within a COTS Insider Threat Tool, including security, access and documentation across multiple system domain for our Landover, MD location.
- Perform regular maintenance on Oracle database based infrastructure servers. (e.g. Patching, vulnerability resolution and compliance checking)
- Create and maintain custom scripts to capture data, monitor for agents anomalies, and run required systems checks.
- Perform routine database maintenance, e.g backups, patches, log file monitoring, daily database partition creation, SANS storage space, etc.
- Perform routine tool maintenance.
- Work with tool vendor to resolve system problems.
- May be required to create scripts beyond the capabilities of the COTS application.
- Proactively monitor Windows/Linux system performance and improve system architecture to maximize performance and eliminate potential problems.
- Plan, monitor, and implement backup and recovery of database solutions. Troubleshoot and/or provide technical support in the event of an issue.
- Work closely with vendors, team lead, technical lead, database architects/administrators, other systems engineers, project/program managers, and government customers to develop, implement, maintain and upgrade IT infrastructure.
- Publish standards, policies, and procedures, and work with development staff to standardize environment and improve efficiency.
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Database Administrator with a systems background to include systems engineering and light project management experience
- BA/BS 8+ years of related Oracle Database experience or a combination of: (Education Degree from an Accredited Institute in an Area Applicable to the Position) • High School Diploma + 12 years • Associate's Degree + 10 years • Bachelor's Degree + 8 years • Master's Degree + 6 years • PhD + 4 years
- Security+ CE or other DoD 8570 Qualification Required- IAT Level II Certification
- Active/Current TS/SCI with CI Poly (or able to obtain CI Poly)
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance.
#zpost #djobs #dpost #cjpost #clearedjobs #beltwaycareers #clearancejobs #defensejobs #ISDCJ #ECNDjobs
“Oracle DBA” Oracle Database
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.