Are you highly organized and able to support multiple priority efforts at the same time? Do you thrive in fast-paced programs? Can you prioritize tasks for yourself and others in order to allow your executive leadership team to focus on what’s hot? Will the risk of not delivering top-quality products on-time keep you up at night? Then GDIT is looking for you to fill an essential Senior Cybersecurity Engineering Manager role supporting our cybersecurity program.
GDIT is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider to the federal government. We have an immediate need for a senior cybersecurity engineering manager to lead a large team of cyber engineers, architects, and analysts focused on secure technology innovation and engineering. Working closely with our customer, teams focuses on the secure design, implementation, and operation of technologies deployed in facilities worldwide. They also evaluate new and emerging technologies to ensure that security requirements are established, incorporated into the design, and then deployed across both enterprise and mission based systems.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading teams focused on information security system engineering and security architecture. She or he must demonstrate an exceptional work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a background in strategic planning. They must be able to work with multiple stakeholders, often with differences in priorities, to establish clear, attainable solutions and project plans to achieve intended outcomes. They must be able to collaborate with different groups, most of which will not be direct reports, to align priorities and resources by drawing upon shared values and organizational commitment. A background in organizational change, budgeting, and leadership development is a plus.
- Engaging government leads in the execution of cybersecurity strategic and tactical priorities.
- Leading teams of cyber architects, engineers and analysts to achieve customer defined outcomes.
- Ensuring successful execution of customer defined projects, ensuring intended outcomes are achieved.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining cybersecurity talent.
- Identifying and requesting the right combination of resources and tools to ensure program success.
- Developing training for new capabilities and ensures all team members meet technical knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) standards
- Developing and implementing program performance measures focused on demonstrating impact and mission fulfillment.
- Supporting strategic program planning and resource alignment.
- Managing team and individual performance, development, and training.
- Ensuring contract deliverables and work products are provided on-time and meet customer expectations.
Key Personality traits that will do well in this environment
- Ability to organize multiple tasks to ensure on time delivery.
- Ability to communicate risk, priorities, and resource availability to senior leadership using data-driven approaches.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to hold teams and individual contributors accountable to commitments.
- Self-starter and inquisitive by nature; you know where to look to find answers.
- Enjoy collaboration and sharing information with other highly technical people.
- Ability to translate between intended business outcomes and technical solutions.
Environment you will work in
- Highly collaborative environment with fast pace.
- Supportive of personal and professional development.
- No remote work / Minimal Travel
- Ensure all tasks are captured, assigned.
- Provide cybersecurity consulting services to senior government leadership.
- Aid in prioritizing efforts and resources based on strategic and tactical goals and commitments.
- Recruit, develop and support top cybersecurity talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience in relevant field
- Interim Secret national security clearance with eligibility for Top Secret/SCI.
- Minimum nine (9) years of experience in enterprise systems lifecycle management, structured system development methodologies (preferably Information Engineering), structured analysis, and/or information systems development or a relevant technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise risk management with strong understanding of cyber threats, vulnerabilities, probability and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple teams in environments with priorities that may shift based on operational need.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications across multiple stakeholder groups ranging from junior staff to senior executives.
- Strong background in process development, documentation, and continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), job aids, and hands-on training materials.
Highly desired skills:
- Proven ability to develop staff and maintain team morale.
- Comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals (e.g. Risk Management Framework, Cybersecurity Framework, or ISO 27000) applied in both legacy and emerging environments.
- Expert level technical writing skills.
- Understanding of effective visual/graphical communications tools.
- Experience developing and implementing effective performance measures.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.