Seeking customer service centered help desk technician to provide timely and professional Tier I/II support to users.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter, completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with users and senior agency staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications. You will need to explain technical intricacies to end users in a way that is easily understood. You will need to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for software applications loaded on desktop and laptop computers
- Screen, refer and diagnose internal/external inquiries and work requests as they relate to support of related systems
- Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions
- Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory
- Provide phone and help desk support for local and off-site users
- Maintain internal knowledge base for Help Desk technicians and users
- Answer phones and emails in a timely manner – be responsive
- Maintain printers and multifunction devices
- Create and maintain Windows 10 desktop/laptop images
- Document software and hardware assignments to users
- Participate in special projects as required
- Familiar with Release and Configuration Management concepts
- Document all user requests and actions taken in SharePoint ticketing system
- Ensure all tickets worked include description of the request, solution, and end user information
- The resolution shall be in sufficient detail to allow another support technician sufficient information to resolve the same or similar problem without extensively researching the issue again
- Update all open tickets on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain documentation
- Work with other members of the team to ensure that help desk documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism interfacing with users and senior agency staff
- May need to lift and carry desktop equipment such as laptops, computers, and monitors
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Computing environment certification (Windows 10 MCSA or MCP preferred)
- If you start only with a Security+ CE, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 3 months after your start date.
- 1-2 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations or customer service.
- Experience with the following is required:
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016
- Windows 10
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Outlook Email Client in an Exchange Server Environment
- Experience with remote access to users' computers
- Experience working with networked printers
- Active Directory
- Experience working with a help desk ticketing system
- DoD STIGs/IAVMs
- Excellent business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to work under time constraints
- Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
- Maintain and upgrade certifications
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of an Interim Secret clearance on hire and confirmed within JPAS. Continued employment is contingent on receiving a fully adjudicated Secret clearance.
- Client Site, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Shift work (9:30-6:00pm) Monday-Friday
- Some flexibility may be required to cover when others are out of office
- No alternate work schedules
- No telework allowed
Travel: Occasional travel may be required – normally less than 5%.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.