Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Level ACAS Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to protect the data systems and databases from unauthorized users.
- Identifies potential threats and responds to reported security violations.
- Determines causes of security breaches.
- Researches, recommends, and implements changes to procedures to protect data from future violations.
- May train and develop subordinates through varied project assignments.
- Assists in educating users on security procedures.
- Maintains Enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements utilizing of the following tools: Nessus Security Center, Nessus Manager and scanners, Nessus Agents, and others as needed.
- Apply Cyber Security Engineering and Network Security Engineering expertise to optimize enterprise protection posture
- Recommend and participate in activities that make the vulnerability assessments more efficient and resolve issues as they arise.
- Provide and participate in A&A support for projects and technical exchange meetings
- Contribute to the deliverables for this WBS element
- Helps design and implement ITIL and operational processes, working with customers and stakeholders to understand requirements and challenges and solving problems with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) configuration and customization which includes the administration of Security Centers, Nessus Scanners, and Nessus Mangers.
- Maintains systems hardware and software as needed
- Supports the development of deliverables with appropriate documentation
- Help implement training and participates in continuous process improvement activities through the enhanced implementations
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree (in Cyber Security, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent (Master’s preferred
- Four or more years of related Network and/or Network Security experience
- Four or more years of experience operating the DoD Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) in a complicated network environment
- Experience maintaining Enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements utilizing all or some of the following tools: Security Center, Nessus Manager, Nessus scanners, and Nessus Agents.
- Experience with A&A support for projects and technical exchange meetings
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements
- Experience working with Tenable products such as Security Center and Nessus
- Experience working with customers and stakeholders to understand requirements and challenges
- IAT II 8570 compliance (IAT III preferred)
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Ability to use MS Office
- Ability to use PC
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Interpersonal and People Skills
- Listening Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.