Technical Advisor Judiciary – Specialist Advisor III
Guatemala City, Guatemala
RSO Certification (Clearance FAQs HERE)
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following position: Technical Advisor Judiciary – Specialist Advisor III
. This candidate will work with Dept. of State, International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (DOS-INL) in Guatemala City, Guatemala on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the US Government to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Specialty, IT and Administrative roles. Requirements and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Local National (LN).
- RSO Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law preferred; ten (10) years professional Law experience can be substituted.
- FSI level 3/3 Spanish, FSI level 2/2 English.
- Ten (10) years of experience in different public and/or private justice (sector) institutions.
- Experience briefing in Spanish and English.
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience regarding project management and implementation in the justice sector.
- Education regarding justice systems in different countries, especially the adversarial system.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong human relations with Government of Guatemala (GoG) counterparts and implementing partners.
- Experience developing and supervising training processes (i.e. addresses syllabus, methodologies to train, trainers, creating programs, etc.).
- Experience in multidisciplinary research methodologies, training processes and systematization in the legal systems of Guatemala framework.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience executing Project Life Cycle, as well as Results-based Management (i.e. writing SMART objectives, outcomes, activities, work plans, indicators and goals for evaluation plans).
- Experience systematizing and reporting processes (i.e. collecting, compiling, analyzing, and drafting reports to propose structural reform; offering technical-legal opinions to improve best practices).
- Knowledge and proficiency of various software applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint and various social media.
- Research, collect, and systematize information to analyze current event and trends to provide technical assistance on legal matters and for the the creation of project proposals.
- Identify, design and provide support on drafting of Project Proposals for its presentation to GoG institutions.
- Present annual work plans with activities and actions in order to achieve goals and indicators, pursuant to approved projects.
- Implement project activities and follow up on project proposals, in order to accomplish with the objectives and goals of the project, according to procedural mechanisms established by INL.
- Draft and prepare documents with proposed regulations, internal policies, strategic plans, protocols, technical opinions, guidelines, manuals and any other technical documents to institutionalize the activities of the project.
- Identify stakeholders in all sectors (public, private, NGOs) which may help to reach objectives and goals that INL supports.
- Provide training for new appointed personnel, including judges, technical and administrative staff; and coordinates logistics and materials needed for the training. Trainings shall be presented in Spanish, without the use of interpretation services. INL will not pay for any translation services. The consultant should be present at all training sessions. After the training should provide a concise written report that indicates the degree of accomplishment of goals, curriculum, list of participants, and any successes of the activity.
- Provide support on the monitoring and evaluation activities by prepare monthly reports on the progress of the indicators included in the monitoring and evaluation plan, and any other information requested in order to track end-use-monitoring.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Support knowledge building and sharing activities with counterparts and inside the ROL team if necessary.
- Provide weekly reports on project advances, goals reached, impact of activities, and suggestions of improvement, including successful stories and good practices which may help to demonstrate the effectiveness of the project.
- Perform other duties as requested and assigned by INL Rule of Law Program Manager.