Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Operations Manager, Aerial Targets
Position supports Atlantic Test Range conduct of leading edge aircraft and weapon system test and evaluation.
· Plans, directs, coordinates, schedules, and assigns the tasking of technicians performing scheduled operational tests and training events, scheduled preventative maintenance, and unscheduled maintenance and repairs of range systems, vessels, equipment.
· Oversees the procurement of necessary materials and services to meet operational and maintenance requirements.
· Participates in and directs the planning of local and remote operational support including the transporting and staging of systems, equipment, vessels, and personnel, the installation and configuration of systems and equipment to meet test and training event requirements.
· Oversees and initiates the operation of, servicing of, and training on systems in the field.
· Develops work plans required to ensure that all systems, vessels, and equipment has been checked out prior to scheduled test and training events.
· Oversees operator certifications and qualifications of technicians to operate range systems, vessels, and equipment.
· Interfaces and coordinates with the Government TPOC frequently and on a recurring basis to ensure operational, maintenance, and development requirements are met.
· Assist the Aerial Targets Site Lead to supervise contractor aerial target team for target design and fabrication, pre-operational target deployment and setup on the target launch pad, target launch during the test and training event, and post operations target functions for the target types operated at Dam Neck.
· Provides assistance with target presentation planning for test and training events and scenarios.
· Supports specific scenario mission planning, target launch and post-operational analysis and IMRL Manager, Ordnance Manager, Maintenance and Material Control Manager and supporting all logistics coordination.
· Interfaces with the Government TPOC’s to coordinate operational support.
· Directs the daily operation of aerial target maintenance and operations on site and at detached locations.
· Provide interface between the maintenance and operations personnel in planning aerial target configurations and scenarios.
· Provide supervision/direction over the Material Control Section directing requisitioning, test/support equipment inventory and shipping/receiving.
· Supervise the Quality Control and Maintenance Control offices performing oversight of maintenance and operational safety.
· Coordinates with the Government TPOC for training of follow-on target types at Dam Neck.
· Education :
o BS/BA Degree in engineering, business, or technical management degree from an accredited college or university.
o A minimum of 6 years performing the same or similar responsibilities as stated above.
o In lieu of a BS/BA Degree, a High School diploma or equivalent GED and a total of 12 years of work experience performing the stated or similar responsibilities or an Associate’s Degree and a total of 10 years of work experience performing the stated or similar responsibilities
· Specialized Experience and Skills:
o A minimum of 6 years of work experience working with aerial targets operations such as BQM-74E or the BQM-34S target types.
o A minimum of 2 years of work experience in Ordnance Handling.
· Certifications and Licenses:
o Ammo-18 Basics of Naval Explosives Hazard Control, Ammo-49 Naval Explosives Safety Managers/Supervisors Orientation
Security Clearance: Active Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .