Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Sr. Maintenance Mechanic - Sr. Technician - Electro/Mechanical
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Under limited supervision maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and mechanical equipment in an aerospace manufacturing facility. Work with a team and outside contractors to maintain equipment uptime and perform required maintenance. Record all maintenance and repairs in CMMS
General responsibilities as a Senior Electro/Mechanical Technician:
• Demonstrate root-cause problem solving to identify and perform equipment repairs and improvements
• Work directly with management to develop and execute projects involving continuous improvement, upgrades, and the resolution of reoccurring problems
• Coach and mentor operators, technicians and other peers on maintenance and technical procedures related to the equipment you’re knowledgeable about.
• Plan, lead and execute preventative maintenance efforts to minimize equipment downtime • Participate in special projects on equipment upgrades or installations
• Collaborate with your peers and team members to transfer specialist technical knowledge
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job, and being available on call may be a requirement
• Creating process improvements or continuous improvement initiatives
• Read and interpret schematics for process and instrumentation diagrams.
• Practice Zero Harm at all times and encourage your peers to practice safety all times
• 2+ years of work experience in a maintenance manufacturing environment
• High school diploma or GED
• Experience with fabrication and modification such as cutting (Oxy/Acetylene, Plasma Cutter) and welding (mig, tig or stick)
• Experience working with electrical systems including 480VAC & 24VDC power
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and resolve issues across multiple departments and levels of the organization
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook • Effective communication of issues and solutions to cross-functional team members
• Ability to read and interpret schematics: electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
• Skilled in the use of shop equipment such as hydraulic and mechanical presses, bench grinder, drill press, mill and lathe, and assorted power tools
• Proficient skills with precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, dial indicators, bore gauges, and depth gauges
• Willingness to be a technical leader and trainer within a specific area of plant or machine
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .