Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered.
Required Clearance to Start: SECRET
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our Vehicle Engineering Maintenance and Operations Support (VEMOS) team. The selected candidate will assist in providing sustainment support services (operational engineering and logistics support) globally for some 25,000 vehicles including the Army's Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles, or MRAPs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, plans, designs and develops new applications for electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
- Reviews contractor's standards, specifications and other documentation to determine mechanical engineering requirements.
- Designs or reviews simple mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, ventilation and/or instrumentation systems using analytical and investigative methods and techniques to ensure systems meet required specifications.
- Gathers and correlates basic data and performs routine engineering research and development assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests in order to develop new applications or upgrade existing hardware.
- Guides and assists technicians in fabrication and installation of simple mechanical and related equipment and routine systems in order to ensure conformance of product and systems with engineering design and customer specifications.
- Selected candidates must be a US Citizen.
- 3+ years of qualified mechanical experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field (OR) 7+ years of qualified mechanical experience and a trade school certification or associate degree in a related field (OR) 9+ years of qualified mechanical experience.
- Qualified mechanical experience includes one or more of the following: light or heavy-duty trucks, tractors, tactical vehicles, aviation ground support systems, generators, power plants, aircraft or any diesel or gasoline powered equipment or vehicle.
- Proven maintenance experience with repair and technical experience, background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance.
- Experience with maintenance support to include operations, system troubleshooting, engineering, design, installation, analysis, maintenance and repair of U.S. systems and subsystems to component level.
- Experience with a variety of hand tools, diagnostic tools, power tools, multi-meters
- Experience applying industry and/or military standard troubleshooting procedures to isolate faulty system components.
- Ability to successfully pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior training or maintenance experience on MRAP FOV systems preferable.
- Preferably familiar or knowledgeable with MRAP/RCV systems.
- Willingness to travel to hostile areas is desired.
- Ability to meet the government deployment physical requirements.
- Willingness to travel to various US or OCONUS locations.
- Willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South-Central Asia.
- Some OCONUS deployments may be to risky hostile ("war zone") environments which earn larger bonuses.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must have an active (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Must be able to balance, bend, carry, crouch, stretch and knee.
- Must be able to push, pull, and reach.
- Must be able to work in high noise areas.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and small parts.
- Must be able to work with computers and CRTs, and type on a computer keyboard.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.