Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in the Springfield, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customers and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
- Shall have 7 or more years of proven hands-on experience engineering, implementing, and providing O&M support for globally dispersed enterprise-level Nutanix and/or VMware virtualization systems providing virtualization capabilities such as Guest desktop and server virtualization.
- Shall have 5 or more years of proven hands-on experience engineering, implementing, and providing O&M support for globally dispersed enterprise-level NetApp storage systems (Alta Vault, ONTAP, StorageGRID, etc.) providing enterprise storage services including Block (iSCSI) and File (CIFS, NFS) level storage and data protection (disaster recovery, migration, replication, snapshots, etc.) to a variety of end-point consumers (desktops, servers, hypervisors, etc.).
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical-Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Shall have 3 or more years of proven hands-on experience implementing, operating and maintaining HCI solutions to provide virtualization, storage, data protection, and networking services to an IT enterprise information system. Ideally this HCI experience would be based on the Nutanix BCP.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and assessing virtualization and storage infrastructure systems and solutions proactively for performance degradation, and tuning and optimization opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and evaluating task execution and performance exercising latitude and independence of globally dispersed teams to successfully meet team objectives, goals, and deadlines as expected.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Journeyman proficiency level for specialty area Operations & Maintenance - System Administration as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2.
- Strongly desired to be NetApp certified in NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) - D a t a Protection Specialist, and NCIE - SAN Specialist, ONTAP.
- Strongly desired to be certified in an enterprise-level virtualization vendor, such as Microsoft, Nutanix, or VMware. Ideally, be certified Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional (NCAP).
- Strong understanding of the different physical storage system configuration options (compute, networking, disk shelf, disk drive type, disk drive speed, etc.), their recommended use cases, as well as general best practices for achieving optimal and efficient storage solutions, especially for high-performing consumers.
- Strong understanding of tiered storage system configurations, their recommended use cases, and general best practices for providing the right level of storage service to the requesting consumer.
- Strong understanding of virtualization hypervisor offerings from Microsoft, Nutanix, and VMware and how to efficiently deploy, configure, secure, and operate them to provide, optimal virtualization-based hosting services to the enterprise.
- Strong understanding of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) technologies, such as the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform., and their capabilities to offer scalable converged compute and storage for enterprise-level virtual workloads.
- Strong understanding of data protection technologies, such as those offered by NetApp and Nutanix, to effectively backup, snapshot, replication, archive, and restore all required tiers of storage within pre-defined Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs).
- Demonstrated experience working with on-premises cloud-based Simple Storage Service (S3) solutions to provide enterprise-level unstructured data at scale for various use cases such as data archiving and long-term online backups across globally dispersed data centers.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging Microsoft PowerShell or Python for the purposes of automating. and orchestrating routine, as well as complex, administrative and operational tasking.
- Demonstrated experience working with the Veeam Availability Suite to protect, backup, and monitor virtual workloads running on Nutanix Acropolis and VMware vSphere platforms as well as physical workloads via the respective Veeam Agents.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with a Polygraph.
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.