SAIC has a new opportunity for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) / Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position will work hand-in-hand with the customer team as well as external teammates across all program security functions.
• Conduct technical evaluation of information system design, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation
• Utilize various information system inspection tools to audit systems, analyze potential vulnerabilities and identify mitigation approaches
• Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support accreditation and other program protection activities
• Prepare and review program documentation to include Risk Assessment Reports, Accreditation Packages, and security policy guides
• Coordinate with external organizations and guide accreditation packages through the customer process
• Review requests for software installation and conduct technical risk assessment on implementation of the software
• Work closely with system administrators to validate patching, AV definitions and other security tools are updated/not vulnerable
• Coordinate and track security action requests and status
• Assist contractors with facility designs to incorporate appropriate security features, conduct pre- accreditation inspections, and provide assistance in preparation of accreditation documents
• Conduct periodic assessments of contractor facilities to ensure compliance with security requirements tailoring requirements as needed
• Assist customer staff with resolving any operational security issues involving supporting contractors
• Maintain operational security posture for the program
• Conduct weekly auditing requirements and analyze results.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Qualified candidates must possess an TS//SCI with polygraph.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
The ISSO/ISSE provides technical expertise on computer network design, implementation, and accreditation.
The ISSO/ISSE also provides oversight and coordination for multiple contractors supporting program objectives.
Must be available/able to travel up to 25%
Expertise in certification and accreditation
Expertise in DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST 800-53 policies and implementations
Direct ISSO and/or ISSE experience working with accreditations - Experience interacting with program ISSM staff
Experience with program security and information systems security best practices- Familiarity with security accreditation process
Familiarity with applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to program security, information assurance and information management
Experience managing privileged user requirements
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented.