Devops Platform Engineer/Platform/Infrastructure Project Officer
SAIC is hiring a Software Engineer to join our MILSATCOM Systems Engineering Integration and Test (MSEIT) team supporting our customer with a technology stack that is always evolving and is keenly focused on developing and exposing managed services to internal users through self-service management APIs built on top of a Platform-as-a-Service. Small teams, that move fast and is building services on top of managed services that take advantage of industry best practices and open source solutions.
As a DevOps engineer in the System Security and Communication (SysComm) team, you can play a major part in this effort to evolve the customers platform services and enable their strategy for creating highly inventive technology solutions for the Air Force. This job requires a developer who is focused on operations and ensuring our managed services rarely need any humans involved to keep them running and maintained.
As a DevOps Platform Engineer , you'll be responsible for:
• Becoming a subject matter expert (SME) of several internal, distributed and managed services
• Automating the installation, configuration and maintenance of services on the Section 31 platform
• Managing system-level performance tuning to optimize for reliability and efficiency
• Guiding software releases and activations for new features and platform configuration while prioritizing safety
• Supporting users by consulting on their designs and guiding their use of hybrid cloud
Part of our customers Engineering Services organization, the DevOps Security team is in charge of developing global managed services for use by internal teams for economically deploying highly scalable products. These systems operate behind the scenes to secure a network, help application product teams bring their latest ideas to the field faster and provide the fault-tolerant and highly-scalable core of our customer’s platform as a service for internal users.
Applicants must have 9+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree.
• ~1+ year of experience with programming languages such as Python, Go or Bash
• ~1+ year of experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, gitlab ci)
• ~1+ year of experience with Kubernetes or Istio
• ~1+ year of experience with different cloud service models (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Serverless)
Additionally, qualified candidates must have an active/current DoD Secret security clearance (or higher) with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI.
Linux System Administration Knowledge (e.g. server administration, internals, package management)
•Experience with container technology and microservices
• Experience with deployment/configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, puppet, chef, fabric)
• Experience with Monitoring/Logging/Performance Analytics (e.g.. Logstash/Kibana, DataDog, Splunk, FluentD)
• Experience operating fault-tolerant distributed systems (e.g. Redundancy, Availability Zones, Data Reliability)
• Experience with SQL and noSQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, or Cassandra
• Experience with AWS or Azure or Oracle Cloud or equivalent technologies (e.g. EC2, EBS, RDS, Elasticache, Kinesis)
- Bonus: Typescript knowledge and expertise with React hooks
- Preferred: Experience building restful API's with Java.
- Bonus: Solid Spring Data Rest, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security experience.
- Acceptable: Building restful API's in other languages/frameworks such as Python (w/ Django, Flask, etc), NodeJS (w/ Express, etc), Golang, C# (.NET core), etc.
- Required: Git proficiency, Unix command line familiarity
- Preferred: ^^ plus knowledge of CI/CD using Concourse and Platform as a Service Systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Bonus: Knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Bosh
Knowledge of/Proficiency with Test Driven Development