General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Computer Engineer/Windows joining our team to support Government activities at Herndon, Virginia.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Computer Engineer/Windows supporting the customer, you will be trusted to work in a Research and Development environment developing mission centric code.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• Candidate will work in a collaborative team environment
• Requirements Management and tracking,
Demonstrated hands-on experience across the following disciplines:
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge of Windows platform (i.e. Windows 2008-R2, 2012-Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, SCOM, Outlook, etc.) including administration, management, and troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge implementing and configuring Blade Servers, SMS / SCCM, WSUS, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), VMware VSphere, ESXi, DNS, VDI, Terminal Server, DFS, patch management, performance monitoring, automated server and workstation provisioning and enterprise storage.
• Demonstrated hands-on knowledge and experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Nagios, Splunk, etc.)
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with patching and maintaining server build
• Demonstrated understanding of open source frameworks, with experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor's production landscape
• Demonstrated ability to deploy and maintain Window baseline for physical and virtual platforms
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain capacity metric
• Demonstrated knowledge of at least three of the following technologies:
• Encryption, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, VPNs, SSL
• Work independently; and manage multiple task assignments
• Ability to facilitate discussion among people with differing backgrounds and opinions and lead to consensus
• High-level knowledge of Cloud Computing
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
• Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
• Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
• Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
#WeAreGDITWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.