We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Mission Software Developer joining our team to support Government activities at Herndon, Virginia.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer-Cloud Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to work in a collaborative environment developing mission centric capabilities. You will identify, document, and create solutions that meet functional requirements of the Customer’s mission partners as well as the non-functional requirements of the organization. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Identifying gaps in existing Customer’s capabilities, products and systems. Gaps may be entirely missing deadlines or features in existing capabilities. Candidate will document these gaps and propose solutions to fill them.
- Meeting with Customer Mission Partners to gather requirements and uncover gaps.
- Developing and maintaining an Expert level knowledge of non-functional requirements including those imposed by Customer regulations, best practices of system design and integration with other components or Customer systems.
- Creating documentation, including CONOPS, system architecture drawings, SSPs, etc. as requested by the Technical Director Staff. Either independently or support a team effort to brief and obtain concurrence and approval of key milestones including project initiation, ATD/ATP/ATO/ATC.
- Providing technical assistance in prototyping new solutions or implementation of development/production systems at the request of the Technical Director staff (acting as force multiplier for various engineering teams.)
- Minimum of 15 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of Customer’s on premise infrastructure (i.e. virtualization (VMWare), physical networking (Cisco), storage (NetApp), Windows (Active Directory, SCCM, etc.)
- Enterprise System Engineer maintains a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develops and maintains a strong awareness of on-going IT projects and business unit requirements.
- Experience with Customer’s Program Management Framework (PMF)
- Candidate will have a diverse IT background, strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team and at all times in an autonomous manner, mentoring others as needed.
- Candidate will have demonstrated competencies with enterprise solutions architecture, technical leadership and strategy, enterprise data and analytic engineering, enterprise software development and SysOps/DevOps.
- Demonstrated engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with Cyber-Security, Cloud Computing, Data and Application Security technologies.
- Demonstrated engineering experience with underlying storage for Linux, Windows, storage network technologies and protocols, databases, clustered/pooled virtualizations concepts, creating and configuring virtual and private clouds.
- Demonstrated engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge of information security practices.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with FSP
- Demonstrated experience with performance analysis, monitoring and optimization of distributed (cloud) systems.
- Demonstrated experience with engineering solutions to satisfy High Availability and Business Continuity requirements.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
#DPOST#CJPOST#SWDevIC#ISDCJ#ComebackGDIT#OpportunityOwned#GDITCareers#GDITLife#WeAreGDIT We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.