General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Systems Engineer - Cloud Engineer
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Mission Cloud Engineer joining our team to support Government activities at McLean, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Mission Cloud Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to develop and maintain high visibility Amazon Web Services cloud-based IT systems. In this role, a typical day will include:
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
• Creating and configuring virtual private clouds (VPCs).
• Creating EC2 instances and other AWS services applicable to the environment.
• Creating public and private subnets.
• Creating auto scaling groups.
• Configuring load balancers.
• Configuring security groups.
• Creating users and groups using AWS IdAM.
• Maintaining Unix/Linux systems.
• Evaluating systems and making recommendations to increase availability and efficiency.
• Coding within AWS environments.
• Virtual Private Cloud (VPC); AWS Identity & Access Management (IdAM); Amazon Web Services (AWS); Java; REST Queries and Services; SQL databases; NoSQL databases; Unix/Linux Systems; TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10+ years of related experience
#GDITinternsWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.