GDIT is currently seeking a variety of levels for ServiceNow Developers and ServiceNow Engineers in Bethesda, Maryland to support our ServiceNow team at the National Institute of Health (NIH).
In this role, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of software developers, engineers, and other IT professionals to support, maintain, and enhance the ServiceNow ITSM application in support of the NIH mission. You will join a highly collaborative team focused on delivering high value to its customers. You will work in close cooperation with other developers, engineers, managers and product owners on project teams, as well as work independently on smaller efforts with limited direct supervision.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Enhance applications on the ServiceNow ITSM platform
- Support the team in ServiceNow operations such as User/ Group administration, reporting, metrics, SLAs, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with ServiceNow users and stakeholders to develop solutions and execute changes
- Support and enhance reporting solutions both within ServiceNow and through external reporting solutions to support the customer's requirements
- Communicate with the customer in non-technical terms, understand their business requirements, and provide suitable solutions
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date documentation for internal and external customers
- Be available for on-call rotation to support any production issues impacting ServiceNow or its related systems within the enterprise supported by the team
- Provide off-hours coverage and support for maintenance and deployment during outage windows
- Contribute to the team’s efforts to consistently meet the KPIs and goals set by the customer
- Work on continuous improvement by sharing experiences and knowledge within the team
- Provide quality and consistent service to the customer
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems related discipline
- 2+ years software development or engineering experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience supporting and administering the ServiceNow platform
It would be great if you also had:
- ServiceNow certifications
- ITIL V 3.0 or newer Foundations certification
Attributes for Success:
- Effective communication skills
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with multiple teams and customers
- Good organizational and analytical skills
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.