SAIC has an immediate need for a Software Engineering Manager to support the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) team onsite at S3I/Redstone in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- Act as Scrum-of-Scrum Master for 2-3 teams to track cross-team dependencies and resolve barriers
- Facilitate Defect Triage meetings and manage the Issue Analysis process
- Conduct key formal peer reviews, collect key metrics to facilitate a learning organization
- Ensure Definition-of-Ready and Definition-of-Done criteria being met
- Facilitate common software requirements analysis across multiple projects
- Assist Chief Software Engineer and Technical Program Managers with overall continuous technical process improvements
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Experience leading multiple related projects in various stages of lifecycle through a rigorous engineering process
- Experience interfacing with other functional leads from Systems and Test Engineering
- Experience with Agile Toolsets for managing teams, tasks, user stories, and epics
- Experience adapting/tailoring processes to Agile/Lean principles
- Knowledge of CMMi, Earned Value Management helpful