General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The candidate will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-A) servers and clients, the Battle Command Common Services (BCCS) stack, and the Data Dissemination Services (DDS). Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Follow documentation provided by the PM Battle Command (PM-BC) Program Office to properly install and configure GCCS-A servers to support both COP and Mission Command Systems (MCS) interoperability.
- Configure both Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems to meet system functional as well as Cyber security requirements.
- Configure COP data comms to facilitate the sharing of COP track and graphical data, to include CST, BCNTRK, and other GCCS-A communications interfaces.
- Configure GCCS-A track tables to properly display COP track data.
- Archive/Restore COP track data.
- Configure MUSTANG and Data Dissemination Services (DDS) for interoperability and data sharing with other Army Mission Command Systems (MCS).
- Install and configure Agile Server to facilitate connections to Agile Client software.
- Install and configure CPOF / CPCE server and client software across a virtualized infrastructure.
- Install system patches (IAVA's, SUNSEC, RHELPTH) to meet operational updates and Cyber Security compliance.
- Installs and configures VMWare ESXi servers and clusters to support a GCCS-A virtualized infrastructure.
- Coordinates with other site engineers to evaluate interoperability and compatibility issues and execute maintenance plans.
- Executes Daily System Checklists to validate system functionality and detect system issues as early as possible.
- Monitors and facilitates the integration and interoperability of U.S. Army Mission Command systems, to include BFT/FFT.
- Plans and implements interfaces with external systems based on command and user requirements.
- Forward deploys to provide the full spectrum of C2 system administration, to include Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system configuration and maintenance within VMware ESXI virtualization architectures.
- Coordinates with external agencies such as the BFT Mission Command Support Center (MCSC) to facilitate tracking and management of BFT/FFT devices within the theater Common Operating Picture (COP).
- Must be able to perform at an advanced technical level on all phases of applications systems analysis and implementation activities.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills a must.
- Experience planning, developing, integrating, and supporting systems and architectures for Army operations/exercises involving Joint and Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, & Intelligence (C4I) systems required.
- Experience supporting GCCS-A COP, ICSF, or Agile Client required.
- Experience configuring and maintaining DDS for data sharing required.
- Experience with UNIX Solaris 8/10 and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux v5 or later required.
- Experience integrating and fielding system patches and releases, rebuilding servers & clients in accordance with DoD and PMO guidelines, and investigating and managing computer security incidents required.
- Experience configuring CPOF DATA Bridge for data sharing across various echelons desired.
- Solaris, Red Hat, or VMware certification desired.
- A working knowledge of CPOF systems and their associated applications, and the ability to integrate systems and their applications with other Mission Command Systems (MCS) desired.
- Experience managing VMware ESXi environments, to include capacity management preferred.
- Experience with fault tolerant systems - designing, developing disaster recovery plans, developing backup procedures, restoration of files/file systems/storage media desired.
- Experience integrating DoD C2 systems with models & simulations (MOD/SIM) a plus. Experience supporting Radiant Mercury or other Cross Domain Solutions a plus.
- Must be able to operate independently with little or no supervision.
- Candidate must be able to meet German German TESA requirements.
- Candidate must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements on day 1.
- Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
German TESA requirements:
- A bachelors degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- An associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.