Service Desk Administrator – As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, GDIT is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success.
Come join GDIT team working with Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) seeking a strong Service Desk Administrator for our DARPA program in the Northern Virginia area.
The candidate will be responsible for providing the highest standard of customer service for all users of a Windows based cross-domain enterprise solution operating in a classified environment. The ideal candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills, a good balance of technical experience including a complete understanding of computers and network operations in a classified environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills are a must. The candidate will be knowledgeable in the utilization of ITIL Process Framework principles and possess a technical background working classified environment that includes experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues, hardware and software support, hands-on and remote support.
In addition, the successful Service Desk Administrator must have:
- Hands on experience using Remedy Ticketing system
- Windows based Operating Systems (OS) and windows technology
- Extensive troubleshooting experience
- Networking experience
- Customer service experience
- Extensive Help Desk experience
- Microsoft Office product experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience collecting system use metrics
- Provide first-response support to customer incidents and requests via phone and email.
- Triage customer issues. Resolve on-the-spot fixes (password resets, etc). Escalate tickets to appropriate teams.
- Maintain a high level of Help Desk customer focus by prioritizing issues and communicating appropriately with external and internal customers
- Coordinate with cross-team and cross-departmental expertise necessary to effectively respond to issues
- A minimum of a IAT Level II (DoD 8570.1M) certification is required: e.g. GIAC Security Essentials - GSEC; CompTIA Security+ CE; Security Certified Network Professional - SCNP; Systems Security Certified Practitioner - SSCP
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Ensure customer service excellence by monitoring tickets and reviewing customer feedback
- Develop and document process and procedural enhancements and assist other departments as needed for continuous process and service improvement
- Customer Service Focused
- Maintain a high level of responsiveness, communication, professionalism, and overall knowledge
- Team Management Focused
- Maintain current knowledge on new and updates to existing products, as well as third-party OS and devices
- Deliver excellent technical support and customer service
- Work with the IT Help Desk Lead to ensure the Help Desk maintains compliance with Service Level Objectives (SLOs) in accordance contractual standards
- Contribute to the change management process; in particular represent the interests of the customer when assessing risk and impact
- This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within a reasonable amount of time after hire, with acceptable timing determined by manager. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.