- A fully qualified senior professional mechanical engineer with at least 15 years’ experience managing a large transport fleet and associated workshops.
- Experienced in leading a culturally diverse team of over 40 personnel which include a Fleet Manager, Maintenance manager, Supervisors and mechanics.
- Possess a deep understanding of the technical aspects of vehicle and airfield support equipment maintenance and repair.
- Proven ability to operate in a commercial environment with taut budget lines whilst balancing the needs of a demanding client and customer base.
- Possess strong leadership qualities combined with a positive attitude and persuasive manner to achieve results whilst operating under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads for the benefit of the client /customer whilst mindful of the requirements to foster the well-being of the staff.
- A proven ability to embrace change management and adopt where appropriate new practices to improve efficiency.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral in order to brief relevant, succinct and accurate information to project management.Furthermore, have the clarity of thought when briefing the client / customer’s senior management and officers, information which reflects well on the project and OSS.
- Embrace a healthy attitude towards Health, Safety and Environment culture within the workshops and have a comprehensive understanding of HSE.
- Must be IT literate and have a good understanding of management information and databases.
- NATO Security Cleared in order to have access to NATO Mission Secret materiel.
- Previous experience in managing a service delivery contract.
- Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology.
- Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations.
- Ex British Military Experience (RAF (TG5) or REME)
Core Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible to the Project Manager, for the successful delivery of all aspects of the Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance (EVM) department in accordance with the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Line Manager to the Fleet Administrator, Supply Liaison and oversee the work of the Supervisors and mechanics.
- Prioritise workloads to ensure Mission Critical vehicles and airfield equipment serviceability is at the highest possible level and overall serviceability of vehicles and equipment meets or exceeds the KPIs set in the SOW.
- Lead change management to improve efficiency and streamline processes for the benefit of the project and client/customer.
- Ensure all reports produced from EVM are accurate, relevant and given to the client /customer on time.
- Manage all Quality Assurance information for the Project Management System as part of the project wide Quality Assurance Plan
- Responsible for managing the EVM HS&E Departmental Plan and ensure HSE standards are met and company policy adhered to.
- Brief and attend meetings with Project Management and client/ customer senior officials as required.
- Carry out other duties as the EVM Manager as directed by the Project Manager
- Be trained as a Deputy Project Manager within 6 months to cover PM or DPM when they are out of Theatre.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .