We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Information Systems Security Specialists interested in joining our team in the Washington, DC metro area and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. In this role you will deliver world class solutions to Unisys' customer. You will use your experience in cyber security to design, integrate, and deliver complex cyber solutions to a large enterprise customer. Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, network security, product evaluation, and security implementation.
• Responsible for designing and implementing solutions for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information.
• Provides technical evaluations of IT systems and assists with making security improvements.
• Participates in design of information system contingency plans that maintain appropriate levels of protection and meet time requirements for minimizing operations impact to customer organization.
• Conducts security product evaluations, and recommends products, technologies and upgrades to improve the organization's security posture.
• Understands Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) concepts and the employ of security automation and risk dashboarding tools and processes to more quickly identify and respond to risk and support more efficient Assessment & Authorization processes such as ongoing authorization.
• Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
• BA/BS and 8 years of relevant experience
• 5-7 years of experience leading a team of security professionals and oversee the effort as an Senior System Security Engineer
• Day-to-day management of the assigned team of security professionals and oversee the effort as an Senior System Security Engineer
• Experience providing security architecture and design consultation to achieve security goals and to maintain compliance with federal mandates
• Experience providing expertise and security recommendations for securing the network and IT projects enterprise-wide; create and update baseline configuration
• Experience performing advanced incident response and troubleshooting activities upon escalation from the SOC; and implement and manage security tools and processes
• Provide security expertise for all Change Requests (CRQs), ensuring potential risks are being identified and mitigated
• Perform initial assessments for new systems, including all testing and documentation required for ATO
• Experience with NIST 800 series
• Ability to evaluate and implement information security requirements for IT systems through the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Must be US Citizen
• Certification(s) in information technology security (Security + or more advanced certification) - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)