We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Supervisor to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC Federal Systems. Duties:
• Manage service desk delivery operations in a large and complex Department of Defense IT environment
• Manage a diverse team that provides 24/7 Tier 0-1 service desk operations globally and in a dispersed environment
• Implement continuous service improvement. Responsible for meeting performance targets in defined SLAs.
• Manage resource, schedule, task planning, and vendor relationships for service desk operations
• Apply ITIL processes and ITSM best practices for service management
• Manage Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and administration associated with IT infrastructure
• Deliver weekly status reports with performance trending analysis
• Manage and mentor staff members. Perform employee evaluations and steward employees through appropriate training courses
• Manage polices and processes to achieve accurate and timely updates on system configuration and operation documentation.
• Monitor industry trends and emerging technologies
• Point of Contact and Subject Matter Expert on Service Desk Operations to customer
• Engaged with customer communication and liaison managers
• Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain Federal Governement Public Trust Security Clearance
• Bachelor's degree and minimum 3 years of service desk related experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience managing IT service delivery to an enterprise organization with over 50,000 users.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven management skills, leadership, initiative, and creativity
• Must be a team player
• Proven experience recommending and implementing technical change in IT organizations
• Ability to initiate, lead, and deliver successful projects through managing teams in a timely manner with little supervision
• Ability to negotiate with vendors, contractors, and service providers
• Ability to organize and motivate staff, including recognition, analysis, and change of negative dynamics
• Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
• HDI-SCD or HDI-SCM is desired
• PMP certification is desired
• Security+ certification is desired