We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Engineer (CommVault) to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. Position Summary: The CommVault Systems Engineer will support the USDA customers, stakeholders, partners, staff and overall business strategy through the servicing and management of Commvault technological resources. The successful candidate will participate in projects and create/maintain documentation for use by engineers and operations teams. The selected applicant will also work with other teammates to maintain the environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes, while also serving as a level of escalation by assisting operations team(s) who support the environments. Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• The designing and building of the CommVault infrastructure environment to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the PMO framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
• Develops and reports, metrics and KPIs as appropriate.
• Partners with enterprise architects to determine future needs; participate in planning sessions with technology lifecycle managers to determine how to meet future requirements.
• Utilizes CommVault best practice for how the product should be installed/upgraded before being released to production. Within this process, Engineers are accountable for working with operations and defining installation, configuration, and provision processes and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems all with stability in mind.
• Maintenance and patching of vendor supplied systems.
• Assists IT Operations to analyze data related to supported systems (DFS, NetApp, Azure and 3PAR storage) and make recommendations.
• Provides on-call support as an escalation point from level 2 Operations teams.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience
• 4 years' IT Operations and/or Engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• 4 years' proven customer service experience, and must communicate clearly, courteously and professionally in person and over the phone.
• 4 years' experience with CommVault v11 upgrades, Service Pack and Hotfix deployment
• 4 years' experience managing COMM Serve Software Cache and Remote Caches
• 4 years' experience handling and resolve incidents related to backups Preferred:
• Responsible for the successful completion of Installation and Configuration of CommVault backup software upgrades/patches etc.
• Thorough understanding of CommVault policy, backup/restore architecture and best practices.
• Thorough understanding of CommVault configurations and maintaining CommServe, Media Agents, and Clients.
• Competent in configuring Storage Policies and copies for deduplicated disk libraries.
• Competent in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting client backup/restore agents.
• Experience in Windows server administration including routine patching in a CommVault environment.
• Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and SAN technologies.
• Knowledgeable in CommVault firewall configuration and deployment issues.
• Competent in monitoring and administering CommVault daily operations including performance monitoring and resource management.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
• In-depth understanding of the criticality of existing environments when leading/managing projects, software and/or hardware as it relates to the business needs, customers, partners and staff.
• In depth knowledge of CommVault v11, including all aspects/activities required to maintain system stability and optimal performance.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Availability to participate in on-call support as an escalation point from IT Operations or in high-severity incident situations.